Using HH_SET_WIN_TYPE in HTML Help SDK

Mark Hatsell

Jun 8, 2005, 10:41:07 AM6/8/05
Hello

I am trying to open a .chm file in a window that has custom styles and is
initially hidden. To do this I am using the HH_SET_WIN_TYPE SDK command to
setup a window type with the relevant properties, before displaying the
topic. However, this command does not seem to work and the topic still pops
up in a normal window that is not initially hidden. My code is given below
and I have also listed the .hhp file used to generate the chm.

Am I misunderstanding how this command works?

Any help appreciated.

Mark

-Code----------------

TCHAR helpwindowtype[] = _T("main");
TCHAR helpfilestring[]= _T("c:\\Enlargement (Default Window).chm>main");

HH_WINTYPE wintype;
ZeroMemory(&wintype, sizeof(HH_WINTYPE));

wintype.cbStruct = sizeof(HH_WINTYPE);
#if defined (_UNICODE)
wintype.fUniCodeStrings = TRUE;
#else
wintype.fUniCodeStrings = FALSE;
#endif
wintype.pszType = helpwindowtype;
wintype.fsValidMembers = HHWIN_PARAM_EXSTYLES | HHWIN_PARAM_PROPERTIES |
HHWIN_PARAM_STYLES | HHWIN_PARAM_SHOWSTATE;
wintype.fsWinProperties = HHWIN_PROP_NODEF_EXSTYLES |
HHWIN_PROP_NODEF_STYLES | HHWIN_PROP_NOTITLEBAR | HHWIN_PROP_NO_TOOLBAR;
wintype.dwExStyles = WS_EX_STATICEDGE;
wintype.dwStyles = WS_CHILD;
wintype.nShowState = SW_HIDE;

HtmlHelp(parenthwnd, helpfilestring, HH_SET_WIN_TYPE, (DWORD)&wintype);

HWND chmhwnd = HtmlHelp(parenthwnd, helpfilestring, HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC, NULL);

-hhp file----------------

[OPTIONS]
Compatibility=1.1 or later
Compiled file=Enlargement (Default Window).chm
Default Window=main
Default topic=Enlargement.htm
Display compile progress=No
Error log file=_errorlog.txt
Full-text search=Yes
Language=0x809 English (United Kingdom)

[WINDOWS]
main="Instructions",,,"Enlargement.htm",,,,,,0x2000,,0x0,,,,,,,,0

[FILES]
Enlargement.htm

[INFOTYPES]

Mark Hatsell

Jun 11, 2005, 5:01:26 PM6/11/05
No-one got any ideas on this one?

Is there a more appropriate newsgroup to ask this in?

Mark

"Mark Hatsell" <mark.h...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Rob Chandler [MVP]

Jun 14, 2005, 8:24:22 AM6/14/05
-- Sorry I though this posted but the NG will only take very small
attachments --
I have Delphi code that works. You could compare
your code with this. See http://helpware.net/xfer/example4.zip
Rob
--

Rob Chandler
MS Help MVP

"Mark Hatsell" <mark.h...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Mark Hatsell

Jun 14, 2005, 1:47:51 PM6/14/05
Thanks Rob!

Any chance of the help.chm file that is required for the sample and also the
project files used to create it?

Mark

"Rob Chandler [MVP]" <m...@helpwareREMOVETHISTEXT.net> wrote in message

Rob Chandler [MVP]

Jun 16, 2005, 9:50:49 AM6/16/05
http://helpware.net/delphi/index.html

Rob
--

"Mark Hatsell" <mark.h...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

fengyu...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2015, 5:13:40 PM12/11/15
I am having the same issue as you do. Did you find the cause of that? Thank you very much if you can help with it.

Gloops

Dec 12, 2015, 6:30:21 PM12/12/15
On Dec. 11th 2015 23:13 UTC + 2, fengyu...@gmail.com quoted Mark
Hatsell dated Wednesday, 8 June 2005 10:41:07 UTC-4:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am trying to open a .chm file in a window that has custom styles and is
>> initially hidden. To do this I am using the HH_SET_WIN_TYPE SDK command to
>> setup a window type with the relevant properties, before displaying the
>> topic. However, this command does not seem to work and the topic still pops
>> up in a normal window that is not initially hidden. My code is given below
>> and I have also listed the .hhp file used to generate the chm.
>>
>> Am I misunderstanding how this command works?
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Mark

Hello,

I remember I displayed an external chm file, I did not explore that API
yet except for a pop-up window, what is the advantage to open the file
in a hidden window ?