Smartlist Duplicate Records

Julia Hunt

Jul 9, 2008, 1:43:05 PM7/9/08
Hello,
I am having a recurring problem with duplicate records returning on some of
my SmartLists. I have tried building the SmartLists using just tables within
Builder and have also tried creating SQL views instead to see if I could
eliminate this problem but to no avail. Does anyone have any
suggestions/solutions for this problem?

I appreciate the help.

Julia Hunt
Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP

Jul 9, 2008, 1:54:05 PM7/9/08
Julia:

Most likely your table joins aren't configured properly. Can you
provide an example of one of your queries that is returning the
duplicates? The tables, fields, and joins you're using?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

Mariano Gomez

Jul 9, 2008, 2:14:01 PM7/9/08
Julia,

What are you trying to accomplish?

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

Jim Hummer

Jul 10, 2008, 10:23:00 PM7/10/08
Use Left Outer Joins in your Query. Do your query in SQL and do a count on
your base or transaction table. So if you have SOP30300 table and do a
select Count(*) from SOP30300 it will return and count and as you built your
joins the count on your query should be the same as your base table

Jim

LCP

Sep 4, 2008, 5:41:01 PM9/4/08
I am having the same problem with SLB producing duplicates. I'm trying to
match Project Account revenue lines with the resulting G/L distributions. I
cannot find a table that retains that history and so I've joined PA33303 and
GL20000 on the Document No. They match up but the resulting list duplicates
the Fee IDs over the Main Account Segment. I need a list that matches the
Fee ID only with the Main Account Segment it posted to.

Am I missing a table? I've tried to find a table which holds the Fee
Accounts but can't locate it.

Any help would be much appreciated.