Select Distinct in Smartlist?

Lina Weiss

Jun 28, 2007, 9:30:00 AM6/28/07

Does anybody know if there is a way to select only distinct rows in a
smartlist?

Thanks,
Lina Weiss

Victoria [MVP]

Jun 28, 2007, 10:03:02 AM6/28/07
Lina,

Not unless you're creating your own SmartList using SmartList Builder. What
are you looking to do? Maybe someone here can think of another way to
accomplish it?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Lina Weiss" <Lina...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lina Weiss

Jun 28, 2007, 10:14:01 AM6/28/07
Hi Victoria,

Yes, I am using Smartlist Builder to create my own smartlist. If I run the
query straight through Query Analyzer I just do "select distinct..." and I
get the data I need. But in turning that query into a Smartlist so the users
can access it, I get duplicate rows.

Thanks,
Lina

Victoria [MVP]

Jun 28, 2007, 11:07:15 AM6/28/07
Lina,

How are you turning you query into a SmartList? If you create a SQL View
from it and base your SmartList on the view, it should work just fine...??

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions, Inc.

"Lina Weiss" <Lina...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lina Weiss

Jun 28, 2007, 11:16:04 AM6/28/07
I'd rather not create a view if I don't have to. I'm just joining a few
tables (sop10100, sop10200 and sop30200) and I put some restrictions in place
to get the results I need (in place of the where clause I would normally use
if I were creating a view). The only thing I'm missing is the distinct.
Otherwise, there would be no reason to create a view - I can accomplish
everything else in the smartlist builder.

Victoria [MVP]

Jun 28, 2007, 11:27:32 AM6/28/07
I am not an expert on SmartList, only have done a few of them myself, but I
do not believe you can do a real 'distinct' in there. SQL View is the way
to go.