FRX Report Launcher Error: 5 Invalid procedure call or argument

Bonnie Pitchford

Apr 6, 2007, 2:20:02 PM4/6/07
I am currently having an issue with receiving an error message when
attempting to launch FRX Report Launcher.

Error: 5 Invalid procedure call or argument. followed by OK

FRx launcher will not Launch.

I am able to launch FRx designer, and Drilldown viewer, just not launcher.
The version of frx is 6.7.7032.

We work in a citrix environment pointing back to a SQL server for Great
Plains and FRx data.

Any assistance would be appreciated as this is month end.
--
Bonnie Pitchford
Systems Accounting Manager

Michael Bloom

Apr 7, 2007, 1:03:07 AM4/7/07
There are multiple possibilities for an Error 5 Invalid procedure call or
argument error condition:

Does this occur on one ws or all?
Confirm pathing is correct for IO_Data folder for all companies
Make sure permissions are configured for all folders that FRX needs access
Check Fiscal Period Setup in GL

If you are still in need of assistance you can reach me at
michae...@journeyteam.com

Michael Bloom
JourneyTEAM-SBMS
www.journeyteam.com

"Bonnie Pitchford" <BonnieP...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:780F9B21-104D-4B3A...@microsoft.com...

jacquiedavison

May 19, 2008, 5:18:56 PM5/19/08
Hi - I am in the middle of my year end financials and have received the same error that you described below! Did you ever get a resolution!

Thanks
Jacquie Davison

adam.r...@sportsartamerica.com

May 22, 2008, 5:33:54 PM5/22/08

Hi Jacquie,

I'm in the same boat now. I have been speaking to Dynamics support
for about 2 weeks with no resolution. They directed me to try the
steps in this article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;847943
and this article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;857837.
The latter had some useful info, but the fix was only temporary.

Hopefully some of this works for you! Let us know if you find a
resolution.

Thanks,
Adam Roessler