Combat Aviation Quotes

TD_Saber

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Was reading some combat aviation quotes, found some that I think would be
good for FA newbies to use.
I try and remember the first three everytime I play.

If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.
-- Nick Lappos, Chief R&D Pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft.

Go in quickly - Punch Hard - Get out!
-- Flight Lieutenant Adolphus G. 'Sailor' Malan, RSAAF, W.W.II.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or
later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.
-- Dave 'Preacher' Pace

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you
ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before
you started shooting.
-- Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in W.W.II.

And here is one for Roid_Rage and CHAK;

Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder.
-- Eddie Rickenbacker, 'Fighting the Flying Circus,' 1919.

TD_Saber
P-38 Tank Pilot