row column link

JoePencilPusher

Dec 15, 2010, 10:46:19 AM12/15/10
Hello, I'm just learning FRx and I don't understand how the column
layout links to the row format. That is what column in the row format
does the column layout look for values? For example, in a row format
I may have a TOT with a value like 100-160-190 in column D Related
Rates/Rows/Units. But it doesn't define what column the result of
this calculation will go in. Then in the Column Layout I don't see
where it is told to go to column D row whatever and put the result in
this cell. In Excel you always tell it where to look to get a result,
ex A115 so excel knows to look in cell A115. I don't see that in
FRx. I'm confused as to how the column layout knows where to look in
the row for the result of 100-160-190.

If I'm thinking about this all wrong, please explain. Thanks.

JPP