Just Add Commerce.... disappearing shopping cart contents.

kilof...@my-deja.com

Jan 21, 2001, 11:58:38 AM1/21/01
I am having a "weird" problem with the JAC Shopping Cart. Occasionally,
a customer emails us reporting that while shopping at our site, the
contents of the shopping cart just empty. They dont have trouble
getting items into the cart. The problem is... they dont stay there.

I have been going round and round with techsupport with this issue.
They are responsive and polite, but I really think there is a problem
on the server side of the equation. For the most part, their product is
a good value for what it does. But we cant afford to have customers get
upset because their cart just suddenly empties itself after they have
invested a considerable amount of time browsing and filling their cart.

Has anyone else had this problem? Solutions? Recommendations on other
shopping carts?

Thanks,
Kevin

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

gboworld.com

Jan 21, 2001, 6:57:26 PM1/21/01
We have designed a frame shopping cart,
and a window shopping cart.
if interested, please visit
http://gboworld.com/index.html

In article <94f4fr$mls$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

--
Thanks,

gboworld.com

jacdeve...@my-deja.com

Jan 24, 2001, 3:01:04 PM1/24/01
kilof...@my-deja.com wrote:
> I am having a "weird" problem with the JAC
Shopping Cart. Occasionally,
> a customer emails us reporting that while
shopping at our site, the
> contents of the shopping cart just empty. They
dont have trouble
> getting items into the cart. The problem is...
they dont stay there...

>Thanks,
>Kevin

Kevin,

We may have some good news for you. The JAC
technical team has made a few changes to their
shopping cart network. Read the information
below.

There are a couple of reasons that will cause
customers to lose the contents of their shopping
carts. There are a couple of obvious reasons,
and some more technical ones.

1. If a customer moves to a different machine or
browser the shopping cart will not move with
them. This is because we use cookies to track
who owns a cart. In the past we used a
technology that combined the use of cookies and
IP addresses to detect who was using a cart.
Again in the past a customer could change
browsers and still have the same cart as long as
they were on the same machine or proxy server.
We had to change this to keep up with the changes
on the Internet. It is possible for an AOL
customer’s IP address to change several times
before they can complete a purchase with a
shopping cart.

2. The cookies we set on the end-users browser
expire in 24 hours. This allows the user to
browse and come back to the site within the day,
but if they return the next day items will
disappear when the cookie expires. Our older
technology as described in section 1 could detect
most users even after several days.

3. With newer networking technologies we are
seeing many changes to how people are routed
across the Internet. It is possible for an AOL
user to have his IP Address and total network
route change in the middle of adding items to a
shopping cart. This could cause a problem with
JAC if the user was sent to a different JAC
processing center before his or her shopping cart
had arrived. The good news is, yesterday we
changed how we route shopping cart information
between our multiple server facilities. This
should eliminate these routing problems.

The first two items will still be reasons that
shopping cart data disappears, but item number
three is fixed. Let us know if you experience
any more complaints and thanks for using JAC.

JustAddCommerce Development Team

rohit...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 12:40:21 PM4/23/14
Greeting,
I hope you're doing well!
We are providing cheapest shopping deals at http://www.shoppingplatter.com
Top Online shopping site, cheap online shopping products, Online Electronics shopping products, best online shopping at http://www.shoppingplatter.com
Please do let me know if you have any questions. Waiting for your reply!
We give you 100% quality assurance.

Kind Regards,
s...@shoppingplatter.com