Any body still alive here?

Real Troll

Sep 12, 2015, 6:09:28 PM9/12/15
Just wondered if anybody is still alive here. Expression Web4 used to
be one of the best but it seems people have all died and moved on to
NetBeans IDE 8.0.2.

Jeff Zeitlin

Sep 12, 2015, 10:37:00 PM9/12/15
On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 23:09:26 +0100, Real Troll <real....@trolls.com>
wrote:

>Just wondered if anybody is still alive here. Expression Web4 used to
>be one of the best but it seems people have all died and moved on to
>NetBeans IDE 8.0.2.

I actually preferred FrontPage 2003 (and still use it) to Expression
Web; there was functionality that was never migrated to ExWeb.

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, has basically abandoned a separate
web-building product in favor of adding basic HTML, CSS, PHP, ASP.NET,
and JScript/CScript/VBScript/ECMAScript functionality into Visual
Studio.

To the extent that there's any support for web-building products from
Microsoft, you'll find it on their community webforums; NNTP has been
long abandoned by them.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Sep 13, 2015, 4:22:17 AM9/13/15
On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:36:59 -0400, Jeff Zeitlin
<msfo...@freelancetraveller.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 23:09:26 +0100, Real Troll <real....@trolls.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Just wondered if anybody is still alive here. Expression Web4 used to
>>be one of the best but it seems people have all died and moved on to
>>NetBeans IDE 8.0.2.
>
>I actually preferred FrontPage 2003 (and still use it) to Expression
>Web; there was functionality that was never migrated to ExWeb.

I use FrontPage 2003 to produce all my web sites. I don't like
Expression Web and I have never tried NetBeans.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

Real Troll

Sep 13, 2015, 4:04:36 PM9/13/15
On 13/09/15 09:22, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:36:59 -0400, Jeff Zeitlin
> <msfo...@freelancetraveller.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 23:09:26 +0100, Real Troll <real....@trolls.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondered if anybody is still alive here. Expression Web4 used to
>>> be one of the best but it seems people have all died and moved on to
>>> NetBeans IDE 8.0.2.
>>
>> I actually preferred FrontPage 2003 (and still use it) to Expression
>> Web; there was functionality that was never migrated to ExWeb.
>>

> I use FrontPage 2003 to produce all my web sites. I don't like
> Expression Web and I have never tried NetBeans.
>
> Steve

Frontpage doesn't create Standards Compliant Websites anymore. It was
good in those days but Standards have changed and these days people use
CSS, and HTML in such a way that styles are kept separate from the
content. Of course you can still do this in FP but you need to adjust
the code manually.

Expression Web 4 (free version) is still available free of charge from
Microsoft website. NetBeans is for creating Applications and it is an
Oracle free product and so Java is required. This is Java NOT
JavaScript I am talking about.

don8051

Apr 16, 2016, 4:58:10 PM4/16/16
I just got a copy of FP 2003 to edit and update our wep page for our RV park. The person who created and designed the web page used FP 2003 but he passed away 2 years ago and nobody knows how to use it and keep it updated.
Will i volunteered to take over the wep page wish me luck.

is there any help of resource?

Real Troll

Apr 16, 2016, 6:02:25 PM4/16/16
You might get limited support at this link:

<https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/expression/en-US/home?forum=web>

CRNG

Apr 17, 2016, 10:26:59 AM4/17/16
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:58:08 -0700 (PDT), don8051 <don...@gmail.com>
wrote in <593e731d-fae4-4329...@googlegroups.com>
As here and you'll get help.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Apr 17, 2016, 10:49:35 AM4/17/16
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:58:08 -0700 (PDT), don8051 <don...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Just ask. I have used FP 2003 since it was in beta so I think I know a
bit about it!
Message has been deleted

Good Guy

May 20, 2017, 4:21:57 PM5/20/17
On 20/05/2017 19:44, netman wrote:
still a good tool, there are many users still of FP2003, and so much MPV koutthere

Some of us are using Microsof Visual Studio Express or Community Edition.  It can create Standards Compliant HTML/CSS files and the good news is it is free!!

FP2003 is dead (and can't run properly on Windows 10).  It can do HTML and perhaps simple CSS but it can't handle CSS3.  It is time to move on and start using something better.  Me thinks so.

MVPs are all dead.  They were too old anyway.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Peter Köhlmann

May 20, 2017, 4:56:03 PM5/20/17
Good Guy wrote:

> On 20/05/2017 19:44, netman wrote:
>> still a good tool, there are many users still of FP2003, and so much MPV
>> koutthere
>>
> Some of us are using Microsof Visual Studio Express

And some windows users are even smart enough to see that they post their
inane shite in the wrong groups. Admittedly, not many are. Maybe 10 to 15
are that smart. You definitely don't belong to the group "smarter than
bread". You are a typical wintendo luser

Good Guy

May 20, 2017, 5:02:41 PM5/20/17
On 20/05/2017 21:55, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

And some windows users are even smart enough

Actually all of them are smart enough because they are expected to produce something useful on their desktop machines.  Linux users are not expected to produce anything meaningful because they are handicapped by the use of inferior tools. Don't you think so?

J.O. Aho

May 20, 2017, 5:21:03 PM5/20/17
On 05/20/17 22:21, Good Guy wrote:
> On 20/05/2017 19:44, netman wrote:
>> still a good tool, there are many users still of FP2003, and so much MPV koutthere
>>
> Some of us are using Microsof Visual Studio Express or Community
> Edition. It can create Standards Compliant HTML/CSS files and the good
> news is it is free!!

But not open source, so there will be an end of date for those too.

> FP2003 is dead (and can't run properly on Windows 10).

This shows how bad closed source applications are, you can't fix them.

> It can do HTML
> and perhaps simple CSS but it can't handle CSS3. It is time to move on
> and start using something better. Me thinks so.

There are a lot better tools than crippled bloatware to do HTML/CSS3.

So you are a looser, I hope you can pretend you are creative with your
microsoft windows 10 S.

CRNG

May 21, 2017, 8:16:15 AM5/21/17
On Sat, 20 May 2017 11:44:14 -0700 (PDT), netman
<mas...@planetearthwebs.com> wrote in
<8797efb6-304b-4626...@googlegroups.com>

>still a good tool, there are many users still of FP2003, and so much MPV koutthere

I'm still here; but not much activity.

Good Guy

May 21, 2017, 4:16:27 PM5/21/17
On 21/05/2017 13:16, CRNG wrote: