Using FrontPage 2003 with FusionBot as the keyword search tool

dsnyd...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2013, 3:57:47 PM4/15/13
Hi,

The technical writer at my current company is no longer employed here. I have to update the FrontPage 2003 site that he created and maintained. He used FusionBot as the search tool for the website created with Microsoft FrontPage 2003. I cannot figure out how he created the keywords used for searches. I have tried to enclose keywords in my new articles in the same code that he used. For example,
<strong>
Keywords:&nbsp;&nbsp;
</strong>user, account, control, UAC, register, file, reboot, disable, registration, error, key

However, after I entered keywords in the Search field of the site, my new articles that used those keywords did not show up. Does anyone know specifically where I can type the code for FusionBot within the FrontPage 2003 .htm file? I can send a sample article that he created where search words work. I can also send one of mine where they don't, along with the link to the site if that helps. Thanks. D

Ronx

Apr 15, 2013, 4:41:19 PM4/15/13
dsnyd...@gmail.com explained on 15/04/2013 :
Reading FusionBot's website indicates that the page will not show in search results until it has been spidered by FusionBot's crawler. This can take upto a month, but you may be able to manually
start a spidering operation.

FYI - Your method of providing keywords is liable to get your site penalised by the major search engines (Google, Bing etc) for "keyword stuffing".

dsnyd...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2013, 9:02:23 AM4/16/13
Thanks, Ronx.