QuickBooks Pro 2006 to QuickBooks Pro 2009

Charlie Parker

Oct 8, 2008, 6:26:00 PM10/8/08
I currently have a FoxPro program that gets customer information from QB Pro
2006 and also creates transactions that can imported into QB Pro 2006. It
uses the "QBXMLRP.RequestProcessor" interface.

My customer wants to upgrade to QB Pro 2009. Does anyone know if this will
work OK? Do you know if the XML interface is still supported in QB Pro 2009?

Thanks.

Steven

Oct 28, 2008, 10:24:01 AM10/28/08
Charlie, Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. I am a FoxPro
developer with VFP 9 custom invoicing app. Currently our data is manually
entered into both QuickBooks for accounting purposes and the VFP app for all
other uses. I am trying to locate info on how to get started on exporting
data from VFP to QuickBooks, but new and archived support is difficult to
find. It sounds like you successfully export invoices (?) to QuickBooks?
Any interest in sharing/consulting on how to make that happen? Thanks,
ste...@woodywn.com

Charlie Parker

Oct 28, 2008, 11:39:01 AM10/28/08
Hi Steven,

The application we wrote for one of our customers does 2 things:

1) It imports current customer data from QB to our VFP app so the user does
not have to maintain customer information in both systems.

2) It generates invoicing data from the VFP app to import into QB. The
invoice process is way too complex for QB to handle, that's why we wrote the
VFP app to produce invoices. But, our customer did not want to manually
enter the invoice data in QB so we automated this process.

I would be glad to do some consulting work for you on these processes. You
can call me at the Fowler Software Design LLC office at 303-499-5499 or just
email me at cpa...@fowlersoftware.com. Check out our web site at
www.fowlersoftware.com.

Charlie