Java will not install

normviv73

Jun 10, 2009, 4:42:00 PM6/10/09
I am running under Vista 32-bit Ultimate SP2. I have deleted Java folder and
contents. I have deactivated all startup items and non-Microsoft services &
rebooted. I have uninstalled Norton (NIS2009) & rebooted. I have tried
everything suggested by Microsoft support. Java stand alone installer opens
a window that asks permission to run but after I give it (click "Run") the
installer shuts down. There was a tornado warning here last night but the
weather radar will not run without Java. The new software for my APC UPS
requires Java as does other software (not games).

Help!

Norman Castel

swdev2

Jun 11, 2009, 3:16:43 PM6/11/09
Norman -

I'm terribly sorry, but you've chosen the wrong group at the Microsoft
Discussions Portal , in which to ask your question.

If you'd like to know more about our glorious toolset, please have a look?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro

Mondo Regards [Bill]

--
William Sanders / EFG VFP / mySql / MS-SQL

"normviv73" <norm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message