Converting message from EML to MSG format

Jonny Au

Aug 3, 2005, 1:45:28 PM8/3/05
Hi everyone,

I have a problem about email message format converting.
I want to write a program in VB.NET to convert the EML format email message
to MSG format, does anyone knows how to do it?
If you know it you can send me a message to ckjo...@hotmail.com

Thanks at all.
Jonny

Dan Mitchell

Aug 3, 2005, 4:55:08 PM8/3/05
"Jonny Au" <jo...@wanadoo.nl> wrote in
> I have a problem about email message format converting.
> I want to write a program in VB.NET to convert the EML format email
> message to MSG format, does anyone knows how to do it?
> If you know it you can send me a message to ckjo...@hotmail.com

I've trimmed the list of newsgroups to the most relevant ones.

.eml format looks like it's just MIME, so any MIME library should do
the trick; maybe .net has one, I'm not sure, but I've heard people
recommend mime++ for that sort of stuff in the past.

As for saving in .MSG format, see

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=171907

That's extended MAPI code, which doesn't really play nicely with .NET:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872895

so you can either try wrestling with interop to pull it in, or put that
code into a DLL and call the DLL from your .NET code or somesuch. Yet
another option (though probably a nastier one) would be to parse the EML
message into chunks, use OOM code to populate a message that way, and
then tell the OOM to save the message in .MSG format. I'm not 100% sure
that's all possible, but it may be easier if you can't use C++.

-- dan

lamowstu...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2018, 12:31:50 AM12/3/18
Some tools are available in the market; you can search on internet. I will recommend EML to MSG tool. Go ahead and download the software.
Visit here: http://www.osttopstapp.com/eml-to-msg.html

daniba...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2019, 7:07:10 AM4/3/19
Download EML to MSG Conversion Tool which is so powerful feature extract single and selective emails from EMLX database and convert the EML file to MSG format with its E-mails metadata like as:- to/bcc/cc/subject/from/date.

Visit more:- http://www.toolsbaer.com/eml-to-msg-conversion/