Fatal Exception error in executable

Amy Harris

Oct 17, 2012, 11:33:15 AM10/17/12
Hi all,

I'm running a program on a 64-bit server. I have multiple instances of the same program, running on the same data set. In two instances of the program, I get fatal exception errors, in one instance every time, in the other occasionally. The others work fine.

However, I'm unable to get an error when I run the program in Foxpro itself. I'm pulling my hair out - surely it can't be a problem with the code or the data, or it'd happen in the other instances too. I don't know where to start! Any help?

Chaim Caron

Oct 27, 2012, 9:18:19 PM10/27/12
Would need more information to diagnose this definitively, but here's one
possibility: the first instance accesses the data in Exclusive mode,
therefore all subsequent instances fail when they attempt to access the
data. This explanation is consistent with your observation that the program
runs fine in Foxpro itself (I assume you mean under the development
product), assuming that no other instance is running at the same time.

Do you have source code?

"Amy Harris" <amyha...@googlemail.com> wrote in message