Set resource to problem

damezumari

May 23, 2010, 5:47:46 AM5/23/10
I use vfp9 sp2 and winxp.

In development environment I type 'set resource to maxpreview' in the
command window.

My intention is to preview a report in the development environment,
maximise the report and reposition the preview toolbar. I will then
include maxpreview.dbf in myproject and in the code SET RESOURCE TO
maxpreview before REPORT FORM.

The sad thing, however, is that when I issue 'set resource to
maxpreview' I get an error message saying 'Cannot open file ...
maxpreview.dbf'.

Do I create the table first? If yes, how?

Regards,

Jan

Lew

Jun 3, 2010, 10:05:48 AM6/3/10

The statement set resource to <tablename> should create both a .dbf
and a .fpt file. If you omit one of them in your distribution, the fox
will not be able to open it.

kusni

Jul 22, 2012, 9:01:28 AM7/22/12
Hi Jan,

Sure you can use your own resources dbf in your project, as I sometimes do the
same.

1. Make sure the resources file status in your project is Included (the default
is Excluded)
2. Before REPORT FORM command, check and do command as follows

IF !USED("myResource")
USE myResource IN 0
ENDIF

SET RESOURCE TO "myResource"