InputBox command for VFP6

Doug Allan

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Can anybody tell me if there's a command in VFP6 that is similar to the
InputBox command in visual basic? This command displays a form with a single
field for input. If there isn't a command that does this in VFP, then can
somebody tell me how to create this myself? It should be fairly simple but
when I tried it, the form would display but it wouldn't wait for input. The
program would just carry on with the next line of code.

Thanks.

Doug
all...@cadvision.com

Holger Vorberg

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
Hi Doug,

>Can anybody tell me if there's a command in VFP6 that is similar to the
>InputBox command in visual basic?

there is no similar command !

>when I tried it, the form would display but it wouldn't wait for input. The
>program would just carry on with the next line of code.

make the form 'modal' by setting the WindowType property to 1

--
Holger Vorberg
MS Visual FoxPro MVP, Germany

|\_/| ------ ProLib - programmers liberty ---------
(.. ) Unsere 5 MVPs bringen den Fuchs zum Laufen...
- / auf CIS:PROLIB oder http://www.prolib.de