Suddenlt Expression 4 doesn't want to opem

1 view

Jim S

Jul 23, 2017, 10:47:55 AM7/23/17
I have a genuine copy of Expression Web 4, bought long ago. It has
functioned perfectly aon XP, W7 and W10 up until now.
Suddenly it won't open and I get a window telling me that and that Windows
will get back to me if they find out the problem.
If I uninstall and reinstall, either from the disc or downmload it works
fine until next time. I have checked visuses cetera and cleaned the
registry,but it goes on happening. Rebooting is no help.
Any ideas?
--

Jim S

Good Guy

Jul 23, 2017, 12:33:26 PM7/23/17
Are you saying it won't open in any of the three Operating systems?  I can't believe this unless you are so stupid to screw something on all three machines simultaneously.

If, however, it is only on one machine then try creating a new profile in Windows (this basically means create a new user account!) and then see if it works.  If it does then I can say for sure that your old profile is corrupted and so you are most likely having other problems as well which you may not know about yet.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Jim S

Jul 25, 2017, 5:03:45 AM7/25/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 17:33:25 +0100, Good Guy wrote:

> On 23/07/2017 15:47, Jim S wrote:
>> I have a genuine copy of Expression Web 4, bought long ago. It has
>> functioned perfectly aon XP, W7 and W10 up until now.
>> Suddenly it won't open and I get a window telling me that and that Windows
>> will get back to me if they find out the problem.
>> If I uninstall and reinstall, either from the disc or downmload it works
>> fine until next time. I have checked visuses cetera and cleaned the
>> registry,but it goes on happening. Rebooting is no help.
>> Any ideas?
>
> Are you saying it won't open in any of the three Operating systems? I
> can't believe this unless you are so stupid to screw something on all
> three machines simultaneously.
>
> If, however, it is only on one machine then try creating a new profile
> in Windows (this basically means create a new user account!) and then
> see if it works. If it does then I can say for sure that your old
> profile is corrupted and so you are most likely having other problems as
> well which you may not know about yet.

What I tried to say is that I bought it while on XP and it has stayed there
as I have updated through to W10 and it has never given me a problem.

I tried changing profile, but to no avail. It didn't obviously happen as a
result of a W10 update and I cannot think I have installed anything that
might conflict.
I though I had solved it with the uninstall/clean/reinstall, but although
it works initially, if I close it, then it might or might not open next
time I try.
--
Jim S

Good Guy

Jul 25, 2017, 12:47:16 PM7/25/17
I am EXWeb4 free version on Windows 10 and I have no problems at all.

Have you thought of using Microsoft Visual Studio?  there are free versions as well and they are almost identical to Expression Web once you know how to use them.  I have been using them since 2010 (I have 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017 on my machine).  the good thing about Visual Studio is that they get updated every so often and that is a good news.  You can also use HTML5 and CSS3 in Visual Studio.  ASP/MVC is de-facto standard on them.

Jim S

Jul 25, 2017, 7:20:04 PM7/25/17
Thanks GG I may try that as the replies I got elsewhere suggested it may be
my PC and not EXWeb$. It happened again today. Komposer is the only
alternative I've looked at so far.
--
Jim S

Jim S

Jul 28, 2017, 5:07:13 AM7/28/17
Good Guy <hello...@example.com> wrote in news:ol7smj$3mb$1
@news.albasani.net:
Follow-up
I may have solved the problem. I found that my pc was udding an update
SP2 version without asking. I have blocked that and reinstalled from my
disc. So far ......
BTW I cannot see how to use visual studio to do the same job so if you
can point me towards some help ....
Komposer does the job, but not so smooothly as Expression.
--
Jim S

Good Guy

Jul 28, 2017, 4:18:02 PM7/28/17