Desktop icon for android

Jim S

Jan 15, 2019, 2:37:50 PM1/15/19
When using a browser on android there is a commend which send a link to the
home page for the open window. For most commercial sites this results in a
square with the Logo of the site e.g. BBC News.
With my site and others all rhat happens is that you get a colured square
with a single letter at the centre.
I guess there must be a way to create a custom icon on the remote file to
replace the solid square. Any ideas?
--
Jim S

😉 Good Guy 😉

Jan 15, 2019, 10:02:03 PM1/15/19
Are you talking about favicons?  If so you can generate your own using your own logo:

<https://www.favicon-generator.org/>

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Jim S

Jan 16, 2019, 6:07:29 AM1/16/19
=?UTF-8?B?8J+YiSBHb29kIEd1eSDwn5iJ?= <hello...@example.com> wrote in

> On 15/01/2019 19:37, Jim S wrote:
>> When using a browser on android there is a commend which send a link
to the
>> home page for the open window. For most commercial sites this results
in a
>> square with the Logo of the site e.g. BBC News.
>> With my site and others all rhat happens is that you get a colured
square
>> with a single letter at the centre.
>> I guess there must be a way to create a custom icon on the remote file
>> replace the solid square. Any ideas?
> Are you talking about favicons? If so you can generate your own using
> your own logo:
>
> <https://www.favicon-generator.org/>

Thanks that works a treat, on Samsung internet, but not on Firefox
android.

--
Jim S

😉 Good Guy 😉

Jan 16, 2019, 9:26:43 PM1/16/19
It could be something to do with how you have linked the icon.

<!-- Standard Favicon -->
  <link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico" />

See this document:

<http://iconhandbook.co.uk/reference/examples/favicons/>

Jim S

Jan 17, 2019, 6:19:55 AM1/17/19