Re: FREE CSS Sculptor for Expression Web

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 5, 2008, 6:09:38 PM3/5/08
Looks really cool...but am still waiting for it to validate my em addr. -
its been almost an hour.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Anna Ullrich {Microsoft}" <AnnaUllric...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:E64563B5-446E-4B63...@microsoft.com...
| Yowza! Eric Meyer has released a FREE pre-release trial of his CSS
Sculptor
| for Expression Web 1:

http://www.webassist.com/professional/products/productdetails.asp?PID=150&WAAID=321

Cheryl D Wise

Mar 5, 2008, 6:14:35 PM3/5/08
I have had trouble logging into webassist every time they have had an offer
for either the Dreamweaver extensions or Expression add-ins.

--
Cheryl D Wise
MS MVP Expression
Author: Foundations of Microsoft Expression Web
http://by-expression.com
mail list: http://groups.google.com/group/by-expression-web-designer

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webm...@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message

Rob

Mar 5, 2008, 6:21:50 PM3/5/08

"Anna Ullrich {Microsoft}" <AnnaUllric...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:E64563B5-446E-4B63...@microsoft.com...
> Yowza! Eric Meyer has released a FREE pre-release trial of his CSS
> Sculptor
> for Expression Web 1:
>
> http://www.webassist.com/professional/products/productdetails.asp?PID=150&WAAID=321

Anna,

Thanks for the link. Have you checked it out yet? I have read mixed things
from users on the Dreamweaver version, I'll see if I can find them to
provide links.

Regardless, it's good to see Expression Web get some more of this loving.

Rob

clintonG

Mar 5, 2008, 6:49:20 PM3/5/08
Yea, please do but let's keep in mind how terribly difficult it is for a
reasonably sane person to cope with trying to code around the worst software
application in the entire history of computer science so let's not look a
gift horse in the mouth. (wonder where that one came from eh?)

"Rob" <m...@home.net> wrote in message

Anna Ullrich {Microsoft}

Mar 5, 2008, 8:23:00 PM3/5/08
I haven't tried it, YET!

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 5, 2008, 8:36:55 PM3/5/08
almost 3 hrs now and em addr still hasn't validated me so I can't dl it. :-(

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Cheryl D Wise" <nom...@wiserways.com> wrote in message

Rob

Mar 5, 2008, 8:40:17 PM3/5/08
Not looking good, have it installed but the menu items are not created in EW
to launch. Anyone else?

Rob

"Anna Ullrich {Microsoft}" <AnnaUllric...@discussions.microsoft.com>

Jim Cheshire (Jimco Books)

Mar 5, 2008, 8:48:55 PM3/5/08
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 18:40:17 -0700, "Rob" <m...@home.net> wrote:

>Not looking good, have it installed but the menu items are not created in EW
>to launch. Anyone else?

Are you using it against v1 or v2? I have found that COM add-ins for
xWeb will only work in the last version to be installed. Therefore, if
you installed v2 after v1, the menu would only be visible in v2.

Jim Cheshire
www.jimcosoftware.com
www.jimcobooks.com

Author:
Special Edition Using Microsoft Expression Web
The Microsoft Expression Web Developer's Guide to ASP.NET 3.5

See the jimcobooks.com website for ASP.NET and
Expression Web video tutorials.

Rob

Mar 5, 2008, 8:54:00 PM3/5/08
Not working in either :(

"Jim Cheshire (Jimco Books)" <cont...@mysite.com> wrote in message

Jim Cheshire (Jimco Books)

Mar 5, 2008, 9:29:42 PM3/5/08
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 18:54:00 -0700, "Rob" <m...@home.net> wrote:

>Not working in either :(

Did you install v2 after v1? If so, it could be the problem still.
It's possible that the installer for this product is not taking 2 into
account.

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 5, 2008, 9:55:11 PM3/5/08
I got it working in 1 & 2 no problem. I had to go to Add-Ins and click OK
even though it was already there and then CSS Sculptor will appear under
File.

Looks purty cool so far...the noobies will love it. Actually, if it stays
working me too.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Jim Cheshire (Jimco Books)" <cont...@mysite.com> wrote in message

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 5, 2008, 9:56:32 PM3/5/08
It will appear under File | CSS Sculptor

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Rob" <m...@home.net> wrote in message

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 5, 2008, 9:57:08 PM3/5/08
finally got it...webassist if kinda goofy i guess

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression

Anna Ullrich {Microsoft}

Mar 5, 2008, 11:06:00 PM3/5/08

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 6, 2008, 9:01:19 AM3/6/08
Yep..didn't see it because I dint recognize "WebAssist"!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression

"Anna Ullrich {Microsoft}" <AnnaUllric...@discussions.microsoft.com>

Clark

Mar 6, 2008, 11:25:05 AM3/6/08
That is pretty wierd. I been waiting quite a while also, cant imagine what
kind of system puts such a big delay in sending out an automated email --

--
Clark
CHO, HomePage Doctor

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webm...@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 6, 2008, 12:00:28 PM3/6/08
I ended up finding a link to force it to resend the validating email.

Also, found that every time I had click on Get Download it had added a
download to the Cart...so there were 3 there...maybe that was part of the
problem?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Clark" <nonwo...@nowhwere.com> wrote in message

Clark

Mar 6, 2008, 4:06:14 PM3/6/08
Well it has been about 5 hours now and still no validation email --

--
Clark
CHO, HomePage Doctor
www.homepagedoctor.com/ExpressionTutorials/Tutorials.htm
"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webm...@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 6, 2008, 5:17:09 PM3/6/08
Mess around, eventually you'll find a link to manually re-send the
validation email...that does work once you find it!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression

"Clark" <nonwo...@nowhwere.com> wrote in message

clintonG

Mar 6, 2008, 11:34:17 AM3/6/08
You mean two days is not the way it is supposed to work?

I've tried to grab it all and got no mail confirmation yet either.

Clark

Mar 6, 2008, 7:23:01 PM3/6/08
Hah! So you are the impatient type! I decided to register so that I could
look at my "orders" but when I tried to register using the email that I gave
for the download, it told me that email is already in use. Hey! I knew that!
It's gonna be in use there waiting forever for that confirmation email.

I hope his product works better than getting it does.

--
Clark
CHO, HomePage Doctor
www.homepagedoctor.com/ExpressionTutorials/Tutorials.htm

"clintonG" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 6, 2008, 8:09:21 PM3/6/08
Go to the review Cart and you should see something that says waiting for
validation or something to that effect...and there should be a link to "send
again".

Definitely a pita.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression

"Clark" <nonwo...@nowhwere.com> wrote in message

Clark

Mar 6, 2008, 10:30:26 PM3/6/08
I registered with a different email and jumped through some hoops and
finally got the download. Now to see if it was worth the trouble --

--
Clark
CHO, HomePage Doctor
www.homepagedoctor.com/ExpressionTutorials/Tutorials.htm
"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webm...@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message

Mark Haynes (WebAssist)

Mar 7, 2008, 9:34:05 PM3/7/08
Clark wrote:
> I registered with a different email and jumped through some hoops and
> finally got the download. Now to see if it was worth the trouble --

To all:

Clinton made me aware of this thread so please say your thanks to him
for alerting us to your issues.

Here's how things should work on the WebAssist site:
When you go to our site and browse the Professional area, you'll find
that we have products for both Dreamweaver and Expression Web. The
Expression Web area is where you guys will be interested. You can select
from any of the products there. All but one of them are free.

So when you find a product you want to download, click it's menu item
under the Expression Web menu and then on the Product Details page,
click the Get It Now button in the right-hand column of the page. (don't
miss out on the feature tour by Eric and Solution Recipe by Mark
Fletcher too! - anyway, I digress)

When you click the Get It Now button you will be taken to an abbreviated
order form (we sell stuff on our site, so everybody had to go through
the order form process - once your account is created, however, if
you're logged in, the form is pre-populated and it's a lot easier. First
check the license agreement checkbox and then fill in your REAL First
Name, Last Name and Email address (one reason users don't get emails
from us is that the may mistype an email address, or they may enter an
address that only sends emails or only receives emails and such - make
sure you enter a valid email address) then click the Submit button.

A confirmation page comes up that gathers the cart and user information
to a hidden form that normally passes the data silently to our Payment
Gateway, but in your case it just posts to the Order Confirmation page.

Now if you are really new to us (Clinton found an old copy of the PayPal
eCommerce Toolkit Recipes under his account from a couple of years ago
[Thank you]) you'll receive an email from the WebAssist Community
Manager with your login information. Due to recent advances in spam
filtering and junk email filtering, we've seen an increase in blocked
emails, so please check your spam filters and junk email folders for
messages from us. If you don't get them in 30 minutes, send an email to
our sales department: sales at webassist dot com (I've written this out
because typically these news servers will filter and rewrite email
addresses (ours does) to protect the innocent and guilty alike. Our
contact info is at:
http://www.webassist.com/corporate/contact/default.asp

Also after you order you'll receive an email from the WebAssist Store
Manager with your Order Receipt and Confirmation email. There you'll
find a green "go to download center" button. Again, if you don't receive
this email within 30 minutes, call us at 1-800-886-0130 extension 2 or
email our sales address to get help.

Some of you may have tried to register and you got a "duplicate account"
message. If you get that message it means you already have an account.
Don't re-register with a different email address! Go to this page on our
site and enter that email address, then click the Send Login Information
button:

http://www.webassist.com/corporate/forgotpassword.asp

If you don't get that email within 30 minutes, call or contact us at our
sales number or email address. The system is designed to work but in
some instances, aggressive spam filtering and other technology is
causing problems. We're trying to track it down.

Again, I'd like to thank Clinton for alerting us to this thread! Please
call or email us if you are having problems and we'll do whatever it
takes to get your software installed on your XWeb so you can have those
Eric Meyer inspired layouts decorating your sites!

enthusiastically,
mark haynes
WebAssist Sales

Rob Giordano (Crash)

Mar 8, 2008, 9:02:34 AM3/8/08
Hey Mark! Thanks for the clarification!

Sculptor is pretty cool, and I find it is working in both EW1 & 2.

Any word on it's release, and how much it's gonna cost?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Mark Haynes (WebAssist)" <mha...@webassist.com> wrote in message

d. smith

Mar 8, 2008, 4:25:11 PM3/8/08
therir email didn't work. I called their sales and they manually turned it
on.

I downloaded and ran into their activation problem.

It wouldn't activate. There activation message then said TURN OFF ALL YOUR
VIRUS AND FIREWALL PROTECTION. Against company policy, I did for 30 seconds
to get it to activate.

The product worked and seems good and worth the $99.

NOW IT WANTS TO ACTIVATE AGAINT AND HAVE THE SERIAL NUMER REINSTALLED. I
wrote their sales and told them to fix their software.

I have found Kaspersky 7 to be excellent and normally it would ask me to
approve any software asking for Internet access. It doesn't with Webassist
Sculptor

There receipt emailed to me and the confirmation email were junk characters
and I forwarded that to their sales dept.

They're so afraid someone will steal their software that they are preventing
the friendly installation and use of their trial software.

Rob

Mar 8, 2008, 11:24:06 PM3/8/08
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the responding, I did just that. Still not showing up, so when I
go into COM Add-Ins to see if it was installed it appears unchecked for

When I do check it to start on load I end up getting an error: "Not loaded.
A run time error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-In." Not sure
what the error is, but I cannot use it on this machine. I will try it on one
of my others and see what happens.

Are you still doing the Bible series of books for DW and FW? It has been a
while since I have checked one out (v4). Hopefully I will get an email back
shortly form support, sales was fast to answer.

Rob

"Joe Lowery" <JoeL...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Rob - make sure you choose "Everyone" when you run the installer and it
> asks
> Who should have access to this program?" Step 3 of the wizard, I think.
>

> Best - Joe
> Joseph Lowery
> Vice-President of Marketing, WebAssist
> http://www.webassist.com

Joe Lowery

Mar 9, 2008, 12:03:00 PM3/9/08
Support is closed until Monday, so you won't hear anything more from them
until then. Hopefully they can get it sussed out. We'd really love to iron
out all these installation issues before we release. What OS are you running
on the system that's not working?

Yeah, I'm still doing the DW Bibles and some various others, like one on CSS
Hacks and Filters that did pretty well. I've got another coming out on Adobe
CS3 Web Workflows that I'm excited about, too. The publisher stopped the
Fireworks Bible after FW MX; too few sales. However, the program is getting
some love now with the Adobe acquisition so who knows - it may come back.

Wow, that's alot of Adobe talk for an MS forum :-)

Best - Joe

Rob

Mar 9, 2008, 10:50:08 PM3/9/08
We'll have to smack your hand for that. :-) Anyways, the OS that I am having
the issue with is Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

Rob

"Joe Lowery" <JoeL...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Mark Haynes (WebAssist)

Mar 10, 2008, 2:46:23 PM3/10/08

Hi D:

Please follow these steps to submit a Technical Support Incident to our
engineering team. The application should not require you to activate
more than once under normal circumstances.

To submit a Technical Support Incident, please to the following:
1. Log in to WebAssist.com
2. Click on the Professional link at the top of the page under the
WebAssist logo.
3. Choose Support > Technical Support > Submit Incident.
4. Select Eric Meyer's CSS Sculptor for Expression Web from the select
list on the page that comes up.
5. Click on the Installation radio button to request help for your issue.
6. Click Next.
7. Fill out the form on the following page. You can also attache a zip
file with screen captures and any other files to help our engineers to
reproduce the problem. Include your phone number too.
8. Submit the incident.

An engineer will reply back to your post within two to four business
hours with a solution to your issue, to request more information or to
set up an Adobe Acrobat Connect session where they can debug the code on
your system. An email is sent to you to notify you of the reply. Do not
reply to the email. Click on the Incident log link in the email to go to
our site and log in to view your incident in your Support History area
of our site.

If your issue is determined to be a bug, our engineer should be able to
provide a resolution to the problem and will refund the support incident
so you can use it again.

Some information to have ready would be if you have XWeb installed under
the Administrator account and if CSS Sculptor is also installed under
that account, and what account you are logged into when activating. This
may be a permissions issue.

Thanks for your cooperation!

enthusiastically
mark haynes
webassist sales
Visit this page to learn about all of our Add-ins for Expression Web:
http://www.webassist.com/professional/expressionweb/default.asp

Clark

Mar 10, 2008, 8:35:14 PM3/10/08
> There activation message then said TURN OFF ALL YOUR VIRUS AND FIREWALL
> PROTECTION. Against company policy, I did for 30 seconds to get it to
> activate.

I hope you disconnected from the internet while you did that. You can get
hit in a surprisingly short time if you have no defenses going.

--

"d. smith" <dsm...@performance-plus.ca> wrote in message

> therir email didn't work. I called their sales and they manually turned it
> on.
>
> I downloaded and ran into their activation problem.

d. smith

Mar 16, 2008, 3:01:26 PM3/16/08
I think you missed the point. Their software has an activation process which
requires their software to access their servers and then for their server to
send back to the software on your computer.

My Kaspersky is the best firewall/Internet security sftware I have tested
and their activation scheme was stopped by the Kaspersky.

That's what should happen. The point is that their software is too intrusive
and COULDN'T be activated without dropping the security for 30 seconds to
let it work.

Maybe with lesser Internet security software their instrusive software
doesn't stop the info going out and coming back.

I've tested all the major Internet Security programs and read all the
reviews. I swear by the Kaspersky.( Zone Alarm uses Kasperky antivirus
software in it.)

DS

"Clark" <nonwo...@nowhwere.com> wrote in message

Clark

Mar 16, 2008, 3:19:35 PM3/16/08
Hmm, well I dont think I missed the point. You had to drop your defenses for
30 seconds or so. Well Mr. Kaspersky may be the best thing going when he's
going, but when he isnt going, he isnt going.

I would never connect to the net, even for a very short time, without at
least an active firewall going. When you do that, you are entrusting your
system to the God of your choice.

--
Clark
CHO, HomePage Doctor
www.homepagedoctor.com/ExpressionTutorials/Tutorials.htm
"d. smith" <dsm...@performance-plus.ca> wrote in message

Jim Cheshire (Jimco Books)

Mar 21, 2008, 4:01:48 AM3/21/08
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:19:35 -0400, "Clark" <nonwo...@nowhwere.com>
wrote:

>Hmm, well I dont think I missed the point. You had to drop your defenses for
>30 seconds or so. Well Mr. Kaspersky may be the best thing going when he's
>going, but when he isnt going, he isnt going.
>
>I would never connect to the net, even for a very short time, without at
>least an active firewall going. When you do that, you are entrusting your
>system to the God of your choice.

What she's referring to is a software firewall. I would hope that
she's still sitting behind a router which is really all the protection
you need in the firewall sense. In my opinion, software firewalls are
bogus for exactly the reason the OP stated.

Jim Cheshire
www.jimcosoftware.com
www.jimcobooks.com

Author:
Special Edition Using Microsoft Expression Web

Specail Edition Using Microsoft Expression Web 2 (Pre-order now on Amazon!)

Jim Cheshire (Jimco Books)

Mar 21, 2008, 4:03:39 AM3/21/08
wrote:

>Hmm, well I dont think I missed the point. You had to drop your defenses for

>30 seconds or so. Well Mr. Kaspersky may be the best thing going when he's
>going, but when he isnt going, he isnt going.
>
>I would never connect to the net, even for a very short time, without at
>least an active firewall going. When you do that, you are entrusting your
>system to the God of your choice.

Oh, and the reason that so many people are having trouble with
activating CSS Sculptor is because DRM stinks. Not Web Assist's
particular implementation. Just DRM in general. Bad guys crack it so
that they don't have to hassle with it. The only people who are
inconvenienced by it are legitimate purchasers such as yourself.

Death to DRM!

monyane...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2012, 10:18:22 AM8/2/12