Is there a way to EDIT the Site list?

1 view

rfr

May 10, 2012, 4:51:44 PM5/10/12
All I see is facility to add or remove sites. I wish to change the names
like Dine(1) that are there as a resulf o me opening two versions and later
deleting the first one. The first version was to test publishing to my PC
and see if I was doing things right before I published to the server and any
mistakes would be public.

I there a way to change those names on the site list?

Ronx

May 10, 2012, 5:25:59 PM5/10/12
The name of local web sites is usually taken from
the name of the folder containing the site (there
are exceptions, such as when two folders have the
same name or a site is added twice)
To edit the name in the list:

Remove the site from the Manage Sites List.

If necessary, Rename the folder containing the
site to the name you wish to use - either close
EW and use Windows Explorer, or open the site in
EW and change the Name in Tools->Site Settings -
General Tab (the site must NOT have any sub-sites
if using EW to change the name)

Add the site back into the Manage Sites List.

rfr was thinking very hard :

rfr

May 10, 2012, 10:26:29 PM5/10/12
The cause of the Problem is that I had the same group of webs on two
different drives and when I eliminated the tesst group I was left with webs
names like "Dine(1)".

I do not see any option of "Site Settings" under Tools.

The folder that these webs are in are name like "Dine", without the "(1)".
This folder name and other folder names do not match what is in the Site
List. .

I do see that I could delete and re-add all the webs.

But, I had assumed that there was a method to rename these.
"Ronx" <ron...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ronx

May 11, 2012, 3:29:37 AM5/11/12
My erro9r - the Site Settings item is on the Site
menu. I was confusing earlier versions of EW.

I just found another way ...

Open the Managed Site List

Click once on a site to highlight it.
Click again on the site's name and it can be
renamed.

rfr explained :
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

rfr

May 11, 2012, 7:23:49 PM5/11/12
Thank You!

I had expected it might be a right mouse menu item and forgot to try the
left mouse click.