Anybody using EM2 with Snow Leopard?

1 view

Finnegal

Apr 18, 2010, 6:37:01 AM4/18/10

I used Snow Leopard on my Macbook last fall but downgraded again because it
seemed to seriously impair the performance of some graphics-related tasks,
for example the Rotate JPEG in Expression Media became very slow.
Someone using 10.6 here with similar experience? Or someone who has upgraded
from Tiger or Leopard to Snow Leopard and finds the running swift as ever?
I'd like to know before I venture into upgrading the OS again.

OId Toad

Apr 19, 2010, 1:14:55 PM4/19/10
I have EM on an iMac9,1 running 10.6.3 and a G5 PowerMac11,2 running
10.5.8. Your suspicions are entirely correct. EM on the G5 is at
least 5+ times faster with JPEG rotation than on my iMac! Hadn't
noticed it before.

Rotating a 3MB 90° with Leopard was around 2-3 seconds. With SL it
was 10-15 seconds. On my iMac I rotated a 3MB file 90° clockwise (10
sec) and then 90° counter clockwise back to it original orientation
and that was 15 seconds or more. Very strange.