RE: EM2 beta -- cannot import DNG, NEF (D300) or Pana LX2 RAW files.

Sekar Raju

Mar 19, 2008, 7:22:02 PM3/19/08

Thanks for testing Expression Media 2 Beta and your feedback.

1) To import DNG files you need to install the ArdFry codec from
http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/downloads/codecs.aspx.DNG. DNG support
via QuickTime is currently not available in Expression Media 2 Beta. This
is something that our developers are already aware of and working to
resolve for the official release.

2) In order to import NEF files you need to install Nikon RAW codec. Once
the codec is installed Expression Media 2 Beta will be able to render and
display NEF files. Our developers are working on including the native
import support (no codec) for Nikon NEF files in final release of
Expression Media 2.

3) The "Save Slide Show as Movie" option will be available in final release
and QuickTime player is required to make movies from Slide Shows.

4) The update link is not functional in Expression Media 2 Beta. There will
not be any beta updates and the next release would be final release of
Expression Media.

Best Regards,
Sekar Raju
Online Support Engineer, MCSE

from your issue.
and confers no rights.

woorob

Mar 24, 2008, 11:42:00 AM3/24/08
Thanks, this is helpful.

Two additional questions:

1. When do you expect the production version of EM2 to be released?

2. If I purchase a license for EM today, will I be able to upgrade to EM2
at no additional charge? (If so, I will acquire the EM license immediately,
otherwise I will wait for the final release of EM2.)

Thanks again.

Sekar Raju

Mar 24, 2008, 6:15:02 PM3/24/08

1) The official release of Expression Media English version (tentatively)
ships in about a month.

2) You may have to buy the upgrade version of EM2 (the upgrade price will
be usually lesser than full version). So if you're not in a hurry, I would
suggest waiting for the final release of EM2.

Best Regards,
Sekar Raju
Online Support Engineer, MCSE

from your issue.

and confers no rights.

joe

Mar 30, 2008, 2:18:01 PM3/30/08
Hello - a follow-up question to your post. I checked the codec link below
(after trimming off the extra 'DNG') and the codec only applies to Vista. I
am running XP and also cannot import DNG's into the V2 beta (but can import
them into my V1 of Expression media). Where do XP users go to get DNG
import support?

Sekar Raju

Mar 31, 2008, 5:25:35 PM3/31/08

The ArdFry DNG Codec is applies to both 32 bit Windows Vista and Windows
XP. This information is available on the download page for the DNG Codec on
their website.

Best Regards,
Sekar Raju
Online Support Engineer, MCSE

from your issue.

and confers no rights.

R.@discussions.microsoft.com Bob R.

Mar 14, 2010, 4:22:01 PM3/14/10
Help, Help!!! I bought Expression 2.0 and updated it with SP-2. I am not
able to import DNG files into the catalog. I have downloaded the codex's you
have recommended. What can I do.

Thank you,
Bob r.