Expression Media 2 - SP2 and High Definition (*.MTS) video files

Stefania

Jul 13, 2009, 10:10:01 AM7/13/09
Hello,
On a Win7 RC machine I have installed the Expression Suite.

Even if I'm very satisfied by Windows Live Photo Gallery that I use to bot
handle pictures and videos, I tried to switch to Expression Media to check if
some advanced features should have better fit my needs.

I quickly abandoned this idea once I stated that MTS files (High Definition
files produdec by a common Canon videocamera) are ignored by EM.

I looked around the web, but, despite some recipes to boost AVHCD encoding,
there's nothing so simple as a way to push EM "to swallow" these files.

Any trick to workaround this annoying issue?

Thank you

Stefania Castelli
Italy

sara field

Jul 19, 2009, 10:26:22 PM7/19/09
MTS is the raw file of AVCHD video, which can't be recognized by most
devices. You need MTS Converter(http://www.mtsconverterdownload.com/
index.html) to convert .mts files to AVI, FLV, MP4, MOV, 3GP, MP3,
WMA, etc, and also it is an excellent TS Converter(http://
www.mtsconverterdownload.com/ts-converter.html).

http://www.mtsconverterdownload.com/images/mts-ts-converter.jpg

Key features of MTS Converter:

1. Support most HD video encoder and HD decoder
Support converting HD video to SD (Standard Definition) video or
converting SD video to HD video of all HD formats including HD AVI, H.
264/AVC, MKV, AVCHD, HD MPEG4 TS, HD MPEG2 TS, HD WMV, HD Quick Time,
ASF-HD and the latest popular video formats - MKV, TS, h.264 and more
in both 1080P & 720P. Support Interlace/Deinterlace.

2. Convert video Between almost any formats
MTS Converter can convert 3GP, 3G2, MJPEG, AVI, DivX, Xvid, MPG, MPEG
(MPEG-1/2), DAT, FLV, MKV(Matroska), QuickTime(MOV,QT), MP4, M4V, VOB,
WMV, ASF, TS, MPEG-4 AVC, H.264 to all popular video formats - MP4,
MOV, 3GP, 3G2, MPEG, MPG, VOB, AVI, ASF, WMV, FLV, H.264,etc.

3. Extract audio tracks from video file
Convert video files to AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, AU, FLAC, MP3, M4V, MP2,
OGG, WAV, WMA.

4. Supported various PMPs
Optimized for HD video devices, including Sony PS3, Walkman, Xbox360,
Wii, iPod, iPhone 3G, Apple TV, Zune, Google Phone, Archos, Creative
Zen, iRiver, BlackBerry, Palm Pre, Motorala, LG, Sony Ericsson, Mobile
Phone, HD DivX/XviD video player and more.

5. Provide Deinterlacing function
Using this MTS Video Converter, it helps you to convert interlaced
video to the progressive video, this function can optimize the video
effect.

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)

Aug 17, 2009, 11:53:13 PM8/17/09
Install the proper DirectShow bits and then make sure you have the Canon
software installed, as it registers the correct DirectShow bits. The article
is here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/expressionencoder/archive/2008/06/10/8590639.aspx

Have not tried with Expression Media 3 yet, as I have not shot anything with
a camcorder in quite some time.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer