Live Writer to add audio, video, photos and stories

1 view

Melville High School

Jul 18, 2009, 12:38:00 PM7/18/09
What is your advise about using Windows Live Writer to add audio, video,
photos and stories to Expresionweb?

Enjoy the rest of your day and the rest of your Crawfish.

Regards From New Orleans

Tina Clarke

Jul 19, 2009, 4:26:13 PM7/19/09
"Melville High School" <MelvilleH...@live.com> wrote in message

why use one program on your hard drive to add content via another?

Or do you mean you created a website or blog using expression web and you
usually edit live using it and now you wish to use live writer?

In that case you would using live writer to edit your site or blog not using
live writer to edit expression web. You would not be able to update the dwt
if you used one or make new includes if you used them or of course use any
of the features your used to using in ew ....

frankly not sure i see the point .. unless its another user that does not
have ew and you want them to update some content live?

Tina

Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v1.2 - on sale at $22
Find out how to transition from fp to ew with ease with our SUMMER SALE
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/ebook.html

Gregory A. Beamer

Jul 20, 2009, 11:48:59 AM7/20/09
"Melville High School" <MelvilleH...@live.com> wrote in

Do you mean add content to the live site with live writer? If so, the site
has to be coded so it can accept live writer updates, and I am not sure how
it does that. In other words, this is a coding problem, not a simple "how
to hook up" problem.

And, it might not even be possible, as I believe Live Writer is only set up
to use a few sites that are coded into Live Writer (but I could be wrong).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

Patricia Geary

Jul 20, 2009, 4:15:52 PM7/20/09
Livewriter works with a bog - various types but I don't think with a static
web site. I have used it to add content to the various blogs and it is
included in the ebook Tina Clarke and I did.
http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/launching-wordpress-blog.html

Pat
--
Pat Geary
MS MVP Expression web

HillBilly

Jul 20, 2009, 10:58:23 PM7/20/09
A developer could integrate their application with Live Writer by using
BlogML [1]. This is how BlogEngine.Net enables support for Live Writer as do
the other applications and services. There's more information around for
developers who want to learn integration using BlogML.

It takes more than XML integration to use Live Writer with xWeb though; it
takes support for interoperability. Those who use Visual Studio 2008 can
observe xWeb shared code running within Visual Studio. To use Live Writer
within xWeb would require xWeb to support shared code and interop as Visual
Studio does which it apparently does not as developers would presumably know
about it.

[1] http://blogml.org/

"Gregory A. Beamer" <NoSpamM...@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in message

Cheryl D Wise

Jul 21, 2009, 11:22:50 AM7/21/09
Live Writer works with a wide variety of blogs. I use it to update by the
by-expression blog (http://by-expression.com/blogs/by-expression/) that runs
on Community Server and my personal blog that runs on WordPress.

--
Cheryl D Wise
http://by-expression.com

Gregory A. Beamer

Jul 23, 2009, 12:37:40 PM7/23/09
"HillBilly" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote in

> A developer could integrate their application with Live Writer by
> using BlogML [1]. This is how BlogEngine.Net enables support for Live
> Writer as do the other applications and services. There's more
> information around for developers who want to learn integration using
> BlogML.

Thanks for the info. I did not have time to check it when I posted. ;-)

Melville High School

Jul 24, 2009, 1:13:23 PM7/24/09
Thank you so much Cheryl, I read your stuff weekly and I will change over to
Wordpress and Live Writer.

Regards From The New Orleans French Quarter

Cheryl D Wise

Aug 3, 2009, 10:12:54 AM8/3/09
Have fun, and remember that you can customize how WordPress looks using
Expression Web. <g>

--
Cheryl D Wise
http://by-expression.com