Will ED use WIC?

deebs

Feb 4, 2007, 12:36:47 PM2/4/07

Annie

Feb 5, 2007, 12:38:10 PM2/5/07
I haven't heard anything about that yet, deebs. I'll let you know if I do.

--
Annie
a-annief(at)studioe3(dot)com

"deebs" <de...@false.false> wrote in message

deebs

Feb 5, 2007, 1:15:57 PM2/5/07
Annie wrote:
> I haven't heard anything about that yet, deebs. I'll let you know if I do.

Thank you Annie.

It seems quite an important development

Daniel Cook

Feb 6, 2007, 9:59:43 PM2/6/07
Yep, Expression Design currently uses WIC. All our current bitmap importer
and exporters are WIC-based. This should create some nice opportunities
for designers in the future as the platform gains broader support.

One early example of some of the good aspects involved here is the
out-of-the-box support for the new HD Photo format that Microsoft announced
a little while back. Under Export, you'll get the option to Save as type:
WMPhoto (the older code name for the technology). You can read more about
the benefits of this particular format here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/wmphoto/default.aspx

take care
Danc. [MSFT]

"deebs" <de...@false.false> wrote in message