White line accross the header please help....

1 view

Mike R.

Dec 22, 2009, 4:37:42 PM12/22/09

I have tried all sorts of things to get rid of this but no luck.
Is this a gap between tables?
Thanks for any help!

MLR

Mike R.

Dec 22, 2009, 4:40:22 PM12/22/09

Woops here's the site....

www.redlineworld.com/redlineelectric

ANONYMOUS

Dec 22, 2009, 4:51:51 PM12/22/09

I haven't looked at your source code seriously but have you tried
setting a background to: #9699B8;

I don't like websites designed with tables because I consider tables as
outdated and should only be used for tabulated data like figures or any
financial data.

hth
.

Mike R.

Dec 22, 2009, 5:20:33 PM12/22/09

This was a template I barrowed I don't have time to learn code.
Expression 3 was supposed to be designed so that dummies like
me don't have to learn code.

www.redlineworld.com/redlineelectric

"ANONYMOUS" <ANON...@EXAMPLE.COM> wrote in message

Cheryl D Wise

Dec 22, 2009, 6:13:29 PM12/22/09
<quote>This was a template I barrowed I don't have time to learn code.

> Expression 3 was supposed to be designed so that dummies like
> me don't have to learn code. </quote>

You were sadly misinformed. Expression Web is aimed at professional or at
least serious amateurs. To use it effectively you must learn some basic HTML
& CSS. You don't have to be an expert but you can't just get a template and
go click, click, click if you want your site to work properly.

I don't know how much of the code you messed up vs how much was just poorly
coded to start with. I suspect a combination of both when I see:

<HTML xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">

This tells me two things. First, whoever created it didn't bother to use a
valid doctype. What they used is an incomplete doctype which throws browsers
into quirks mode.

The second line tells me that Word or some other Office application was used
and that too will cause problems.

Looking at the code I see that there is absolutely no structure to the page
and a whole bunch of <span> with a mix of inline styles, auto generated from
using the toolbars and html attributes.

It would be faster to start over than fix this template.

I'd suggest you go get the asset file and work through the Basic Website
tutorial http://by-expression.com/media/p/1300.aspx get the zip file of
assets and work along with it. You should then be able to substitute the
graphics from the template you have if you want.
--
Cheryl D Wise
http://by-expression.com

"Mike R." <electr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Malcolm Walker

Dec 22, 2009, 11:25:17 PM12/22/09
Mike I hate to contradict you but Expression Web (EW) isn't FrontPage
(FP) or a substitute for it. What you say about EW being for dummies
was and is true of FP but not of EW. To use EW effectively you have to
have a working knowledge of HTML and CSS.

As to the white line I would suggest you validate your code by going to
http://validator.w3.org/ the W3C Markup Validation Service and
correcting the 54 errors reported in your template's code. Doing this
well may resolve the issue. And many errors can be rectified by one
correction due to the knock on effect.

BTW there is no guarantee that the code in a template is error free as I
have found in the past.

Malcolm

A user of EW 2 and a user of FP97 through to FP2003 from 1996 to 2009.

KathyW

Dec 23, 2009, 11:47:02 AM12/23/09
"Expression 3 was supposed to be designed so that dummies like
me don't have to learn code."

Not true. It was designed to make it easy to create good markup and CSS.
You do have to know what you are doing.

Take the time to go through the tutorials on CSS and HTML/XHTML over at
w3schools.com. It's not difficult, doesn't take long, and will save you from
spending many more hours than that trying to figure out what's wrong with
your site

"Mike R." wrote:

> .

Cheryl D Wise

Dec 23, 2009, 1:41:45 PM12/23/09
<quote>This was a template I barrowed I don't have time to learn code.

> Expression 3 was supposed to be designed so that dummies like

tom_willpa

Mar 31, 2010, 3:45:02 PM3/31/10
high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price? China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality. our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

2010 FIFA world cup soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
NBA jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
soccer accessories: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping. 7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com

tom_willpa

Mar 31, 2010, 3:45:01 PM3/31/10

tom_willpa