What expression do I use for changing an empty cell to NO DATA

NancyF

Feb 18, 2010, 1:00:01 PM2/18/10
I am pulling a query with a couple of date fields that have a few null
values. I don't want to exclude the null fields, but I need to do something
in the query so that in the report I get "NO DATA" or 00/00/0000 or something
similar. Is there a way to put all zeros in? Is there logic to say if null
then 00000000?
--
Thanks for your input!

Stefan B Rusynko

Feb 19, 2010, 4:21:54 AM2/19/10
What server side language are you using for the query
- In classic ASP it could be done as say:
<% IF IsNull(rs("fieldname")) OR Len(Trim(rs("fieldname")))<1 THEN Response.Write "00/00/0000" %>
- other server side languages should have the equivalent syntax expressions