Exchange 2003: Too many ERROR ID 3001 Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: NDR in Application Event Log

Gianluca Italy

Jan 9, 2004, 7:54:31 AM1/9/04
I have a cluster active-active-passive with Exchange 2003, I have too
many error events in application log.

This is the log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: NDR
Event ID: 3011
Date: 1/9/2004
Time: 1:10:52 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MSGFE1L2
A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.6 was generated for
recipient rfc822;zedda.r...@seat.it (Message-ID
<LNEMKBKKMHOEKOGLKEAE...@seat.it>).
Cause: One possible cause is that the user directory attributes for
the recipient such as homeMDB/msExchHomeServerName (the Exchange
server on which the recipients mailbox resides) might be missing or
corrupted.
Solution: Check the user directory attributes integrity in Active
Directory and re-run the recipient update server (RUS) to make sure
attributes required for transport are valid and have been updated in
Active Directory (and the metabase?).

Data:
0000: 46 05 04 80 F..&#128;

Could someone help me??

Thanks in advance

Gianluca D'Introno
dyn...@tiscali.it

Ozone

Jan 9, 2004, 10:39:26 AM1/9/04
Could you please do an LDP dump of a user that is working properly, and one
for a user that is not. Post the results, I can look at them to see if
there is something that we can fix on the AD attributes.

Ozone
"Gianluca Italy" <dyn...@tiscali.it> wrote in message