new installation of AD and Exchange 2010

Mike

Sep 14, 2011, 5:14:03 PM9/14/11
I've created Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V guests for AD and Exchange
2010. Everything is fully patched. I have exchange installed and
working (new accounts can log into the new domain without error). I
have Exchange installed and have tested sending messages to Exchange. I
can send messages to Exchange for the account that installed Exchange,
but no others. When I create a new account in AD I do not have tabs
specific to Exchange nor is the account created on the Exchange side
(I cannot send messages to the new account).

What is not connected right between Exchange and AD? It seems that
Exchange sees AD, but AD does not see Exchange.

TIA

Mike

mdta...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2013, 5:05:35 PM9/24/13
Hi Mike

In exchange 2007/2010 you can not create mailbox using ADUC while creating new users. You can create new AD users and mailbox using exchange console and it will replicate to AD also. For the users which are created using ADUC and not showing their exchange tabs.Go to
Receipeint configuration->Mailbox->New Mailbox->Select existing user-> find that user and creat the mailbox.

Tahir