Installation error on Mailbox role on Server 2008 R2

Brock

Jul 1, 2009, 9:45:01 AM7/1/09

Hello,

I've attempted installing Exchange 2007 SP1 on a Server 2008 R2 6 different
ways and I still receive the following error each time when attempting to
install the Mailbox role:

"An error occurred. The error code was 3221684346. The message was The data
area passed to a system call is too small.."

I've attempted installing role by role, custom, typical, Vista
compatibility, command line, and they all produce the same results.

I'm guessing it's a conflict with Server 2008 R2, but not sure how to
determine this or how to proceed from here.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
-Brock

Brock

Jul 1, 2009, 4:16:01 PM7/1/09
Hello,

It must be R2 because I reinstalled 2008 w/o R2 and Exchange installs with
no errors.

-B

amit

Aug 26, 2009, 4:59:15 AM8/26/09

Facing same issue, kindly help.

-Amit

rlopez2048

Aug 30, 2009, 12:11:13 AM8/30/09
> -Amit- Hide quoted text -

I spent hour on this issue. What finally fixed it was attempting to
run setup with no compatibility mode, let it fail and then go back to
Vista SP2 compatibility and run again. Don't ask me why that worked.

gollo

Nov 16, 2009, 1:44:25 PM11/16/09

rlopez2048;66823 Wrote:
> On Aug 26, 1:59*am, amit <amitb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Had the same issue and this also resolved the mailbox role install
error for me.

--
gollo
http://forums.slipstick.com

m.soha...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2013, 3:28:07 AM10/3/13

Should i installed with Windows 2008 R2 twice, it is supported on 2008 R2, The thing which we are missing is to install Active Directory Light Weight Services and check the compatibility mode Vista (Service Pack 2).Restart IIS admin service and try again hope this will work fine.