HELP!!! KB264733 and permission Inheritance on Public Folders

Charles Murphy

Dec 12, 2007, 10:55:00 AM12/12/07
DC2003 R2 and some DC2000
Exchange 2000
Migrating to Exchange 2007
Administrator with Full rights

Got this message in Best practice Analyser 2.8 regarding Public Folder from
the Exchange 2000.

Permission Inheritance is blocked for the Exchange server object
Access control list (ACL) inheritance is blocked for the Public Folder tree
object (CN=Public Folders,CN=Folder Hierarchies,CN=First Administrative
Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Sxxx-Sxxxeur,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mss,DC=int). This may cause mail
flow problems, store mounting issues and other service outages. Follow
Microsoft Knowledge Base article 264733 and use the Exchange System Manager
to re-enable inheritance on this object.

I've applied the KB264733 and take a look at the permissions.
The enable inheritance is already clicked on the object????

Anyone have a hints???
I've tried unclick and copy permissions and reapply inheritance to no
avail...
Because of this, the Mailbox role will not install on the Exchange 2007.

Any other permissions that I need on the Public Folders of the EXC2000???

GLTA!!!
Thanks

Zackjam

tomc...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2008, 1:28:47 PM1/10/08
Have you had a resolution for this? I am having the same problem.

Thanks

Tom Cole
System Engineer
Entre BTG, Inc.
Norcross, GA

On Dec 12 2007, 10:55 am, Charles Murphy

Charles Murphy

Jan 10, 2008, 1:41:07 PM1/10/08
problem Solved!!!

basically you need to go to the Exchange 2k or 2k3 Manager and verify
permission on each object that is part of Public Folder and click the
inheritance. If you do it at the root, it will stop at the object that do not
have the inheritance clicked.

So review each Public object from the root to the end.

Hope this help!!!

Zackjam

dark...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2012, 3:45:53 PM7/13/12
Actually if you go to adsiedit.msc and select your object you should see it in the list on the right. Here you can right click those (looks like text) files and select properties, click on the Security tab, click on the Advance button and enable it there on the permissions tab