Import MSG to PST using MAPI

exchangeVA

Nov 19, 2007, 3:00:19 PM11/19/07

Which API do I use to import messages (MSG) into a PST ?
I have LPMESSAGE object which I open using OpenIMsgOnIStg() and the
IMsgStore object returned from OpenMsgStore() call. How do I import the
message to the message store?

Thanks a lot.
Lee

Message sent by exchangeVA from mombu the microsoft forum http://www.mombu.com/microsoft/

exchangeVA's Profile: http://www.mombu.com/microsoft/member.php?u=3837
View this thread: http://www.mombu.com/microsoft/Exchange-Server-Development/t-Import-MSG-to-PST-using-MAPI-1168543.html

Pete Maclean

Nov 21, 2007, 9:12:52 PM11/21/07
In a nutshell, the API you want is CopyTo(). That will copy the properties
from the MSG into a message created in the PST. I call CopyTo() with a
reference to IID_IMessage, one to the destination message, and NULL or 0 for
all other arguments.

To create the message in the PST, you open the relevant folder and then call
CreateMessage(). Please ask again if you need more details.

Pete Maclean

"exchangeVA" <us...@mombu.com> wrote in message

Gaga Wick

May 2, 2023, 5:45:23 AM5/2/23
Toolsbaer MSG to PST Conversion Tool is a powerful utility that provides the capability to the user to convert MSG to PST format in a hassle-free manner. It is an amazing tool that helps the user to perform the conversion process of multiple MSG files into PST format in a single go. It is designed with a simple and user-friendly interface which makes it easy for users to use this software without any technical knowledge. The user can also convert MSG files of Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and other versions. This software supports all Windows operating systems and previous versions such as Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.

Visit here:- https://www.toolsbaer.com/msg-to-pst-conversion/

twinkle lawrence

Nov 17, 2023, 7:36:53 AM11/17/23
I must say this CubexSoft MSG to PST Converter is the best option to convert MSG format into PST format. It is capable to transfer bath MSG data like, unlimited MSG files into PST format at once, flawlessly without any error. And it works without Outlook installation and free from restrictions. The software installable on Mac plus Windows Operating Systems. It also offers an opportunity of a demo, by which users can transfer 25 MSG files to PST without any charges.
Click here to install free demo edition: https://www.cubexsoft.com/eml/

James Robert

Dec 15, 2023, 5:48:58 AM12/15/23
Cigati MSG Converter(https://www.cigatisolutions.com/msg-converter-tool/) is a robust tool facilitating effortless conversion of MSG to PST format. With a user-friendly interface, it allows batch conversion of multiple MSG files into PST, supporting Outlook versions from 2007 to 2021. Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7, it ensures a seamless and efficient conversion experience.