Query Exchange 2003 mailbox store (mailbox sizes etc)

ChrisW (MCP)

Jan 26, 2009, 9:06:00 AM1/26/09
Hi Guys,

I'm using VB.NET 3.5 and would like to be able to query exchange 2003
servers from my application to find out pretty much as much information as
possible. The main goal is to find out mailbox sizes but any additional info
I can extract would be useful. I came accross a couple of articles that show
how to do this but they all use WMI... now I know you can use WMI within
VB.NET but I would really rather not use WMI at all as I find it to be quite
unreliable. I know people are probably going to say that its not unreliable
etc but I am just going on my own experiences, especially with XP machines
WMI just does not seem to work on half of them.

Any suggestions/ideas? Or is WMI my only option really?

Cheers
Chris

a@tleederbyshired.0.tc.0.m Lee Derbyshire [MVP]

Jan 26, 2009, 9:17:18 AM1/26/09
"ChrisW (MCP)" <Chri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

There's a WebDAV example here:

Lee.

--
______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
______________________________________

ChrisW (MCP)

Jan 26, 2009, 9:51:01 AM1/26/09
Cool thanks. Is WebDav a reliable method to use that will be available on ALL
exchange 2003 servers then? (assuming HTTP traffic is allowed internally to
the server). This application is intended not to be run on the exchange
server itself but on an IT administrators desktop.
Also, if I use WebDav is there anything I need to deploy with my app as a
dependency or will it work fine just with the .NET framework standard classes
as its just using web requests?

Thanks
Chris

a@tleederbyshired.0.tc.0.m Lee Derbyshire [MVP]

Jan 26, 2009, 10:01:35 AM1/26/09
Any E2003 mailbox server will respond to WebDAV requests by default. You
can run your application on another computer, but the requests need to be
directed to the server that your mailbox is on.

"ChrisW (MCP)" <Chri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

David Stuart

Jan 17, 2011, 12:16:42 PM1/17/11
One option is to use WebDAV protocol. There is library I would recommend: http://www.independentsoft.de/webdavex