Export Mailbox to PST

Jasper Recto

Sep 12, 2008, 10:23:28 AM9/12/08
When a employee leaves the company, I create a PST file to save all their
mail for archiving.

Right now, I create a file and recreate each folder and copy over the
contents. I can not copy a folder that has subfolders because I get an
error saying that this folder might have private items.

Is there a way to automatically create a PST file of a persons exchange
mailbox with out having to go through this whole manual process? We are on
Exchange 2007 using Office 2003.

Thanks,
Jasper

Wayne Hollomby

Sep 12, 2008, 10:28:09 AM9/12/08
If you have Exchange 2007 SP1 then you can use the Export-Mailbox cmdlet in
Powershell

See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998579(EXCHG.80).aspx

Wayne

"Jasper Recto" <jrec...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Martin Blackstone [MVP]

Sep 12, 2008, 11:12:15 AM9/12/08
Export-Mailbox command in Exchange 2007 will do this for you with none of
the problems you currently have.
http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/exchange-2007-sp1-mailbox-management-part1.html

K. Orland

Sep 12, 2008, 3:37:04 PM9/12/08
Why don't you right-click on the folder and scroll to Move To...? When you
add a PST to an Exchange mailbox, the PST shows up as Personal Folders below
the mailbox. You can right click or drag and drop the folders to the PST.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

Alexander Zammit [MVP]

Sep 12, 2008, 6:20:05 PM9/12/08
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/article.aspx?i=102&t=4

Jasper Recto

Sep 15, 2008, 7:56:49 AM9/15/08
When I do that, I get an error telling me I can not move the folder because
that folder might have private items. This happens when the folder has
subfolders. If it does not than I can move it.

Jasper
"K. Orland" <KOr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Martin Blackstone [MVP]

Sep 15, 2008, 10:21:36 AM9/15/08
Like I said, don't do that.
If you have Exchange 2007, use the Export-Mailbox command.