internet mailbox only fowards

0 visningar

jeffm

oläst,
17 okt. 2003 22:47:102003-10-17
till
I need to setup several internet email only mailboxes on
W2k3 exchange. These addresses are not assigned to any
user account in the organization, they are only for
recieving email and forwarding to other addresses
(external ones).
example:

franc...@thisdomain.com -> some...@somewhere.com
franc...@thisdomain.com -> some...@somewhere.else.com
franc...@thisdomain.com -> who...@wherever.com

etc,

I guess what I need to do is to configure some mailboxes
to forward mail to a non exchange acct. This used to been
done in 5.5 with a custom recipient but I cannot find this
equivalent in 2003 version... Without using 250 exchange
CALS.

Rich Matheisen [MVP]

oläst,
18 okt. 2003 10:58:132003-10-18
till
"jeffm" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

[ snip ]

>I guess what I need to do is to configure some mailboxes
>to forward mail to a non exchange acct. This used to been
>done in 5.5 with a custom recipient but I cannot find this
>equivalent in 2003 version... Without using 250 exchange
>CALS.

Custom Recipients are called "Contacts" in the Actve Directory.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

jeffm

oläst,
20 okt. 2003 21:36:322003-10-20
till
Ok, Contacts are the equivalent of custom recipients in AD. When I create
a "new contact" I am presented with create "alias" (named "test") and an
email address (named desti...@hotmail.com), this work fine. I set the
email address to some external address as the destination for the contact
alias, correct? When I use Outlook and send an email to the contact
(referenced by the alias in to "to:test") it is delivered to the external
address. I have confirmed that this works. If I try to use a client such
as outlook express and send to the alias it is undeliverable. This makes
sense as the contact referenced by the alias "test" is not really an email
address. Help me out here. Am I going about this wrong? I understand how
to configure a mailbox to forward mail to either a mail-enabled contact or
another mailbox but that is different from what I am trying to achieve.

thanks,
jeffm

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <rich...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message

Rich Matheisen [MVP]

oläst,
21 okt. 2003 20:39:572003-10-21
till
"jeffm" <je...@anonymous.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ok, Contacts are the equivalent of custom recipients in AD. When I create
>a "new contact" I am presented with create "alias" (named "test") and an
>email address (named desti...@hotmail.com), this work fine. I set the
>email address to some external address as the destination for the contact
>alias, correct? When I use Outlook and send an email to the contact
>(referenced by the alias in to "to:test") it is delivered to the external
>address. I have confirmed that this works.

Glad to hear it. :)

>If I try to use a client such
>as outlook express and send to the alias it is undeliverable. This makes
>sense as the contact referenced by the alias "test" is not really an email
>address. Help me out here. Am I going about this wrong? I understand how
>to configure a mailbox to forward mail to either a mail-enabled contact or
>another mailbox but that is different from what I am trying to achieve.

Outlook Express doesn't use the directory, it just uses SMTP. So, when
you say you send to the Contact, is the address you use in YOUR
domain? It should be. And the Contact would generally have two SMTP
addresses, the "primary" (external) and "secondary" (internal). The
"primary" address is usually the one that shows up in the "E-mail" box
on the "Exchange general" tab of the Contact's property page.

Now when your OE sends a message to the contact, it sends it to the
"internal" address, the one in your domain. The message is then
redirected to the "external" address.

DSSserver

oläst,
22 okt. 2003 11:14:302003-10-22
till
Martin,

This is the process I finally used, hopefully others will find it useful.

Steps to create forward only email to external SMTP address.

#1 Create user account with appropriate email address and set default
password.
#2 Create a contact with forwarding email address as "email address"
#3 Got to User account, Properties, Exchange General, delivery options,
choose contact that was created for the final delivery address (the forward
addy)
#4 Go to User account, Exchange advanced, Hide from address book.
#5 Go to Contact properties, Exchange advanced, Hide from address book.
#6 Disable user account. (It will never be used or logged into)

Test by sending message to user account email address from external
locationand confirm delivery (forward) to external SMTP address.

I have some VB scripts that used to do this on 2000s AD but most likely
won't work on the 2003 version, oh well....

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <rich...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message

Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra