Extract Phone Number Forumula

Kip

Apr 24, 2010, 3:36:18 PM4/24/10
I have a spreadsheet that has a phone number with a data label also
and I want to find out how to use a formula to extract just the phone
number to another cell on a new spreadsheet to use for importing into
a new database. The current cell format is as follows:

[Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx]

Anyone know how to get rid of the "phone" data label and just be left
with the phone number? Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Apr 24, 2010, 4:43:33 PM4/24/10
I would just select the range and do a couple of edit|replaces.

Copy the range to its new home on the other worksheet first.

Select the range
Edit|Replace
what: [Phone:_ (where _ is the space character)
with: (Leave blank)
replace all

And then get that trailing ]
With the range still selected
Edit|Replace
what: ]
with: (leave blank)
replace all

--

Dave Peterson

Pete_UK

Apr 24, 2010, 4:47:40 PM4/24/10
Try this:

=MID(A1,9,LEN(A1)-10)

Hope this helps.

Pete

helene and gabor

Apr 24, 2010, 4:52:39 PM4/24/10
=right(B1,12)
assumes:
phone number in B1
no extra spaces within phone number(just numbers and hyphens)

Best Regards,

Gabor Sebo
"Kip" <hmk...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dave Peterson

Apr 24, 2010, 4:54:58 PM4/24/10
Ps. I assumed that you wanted to keep the hyphens, too.

--

Dave Peterson

L. Howard Kittle

Apr 25, 2010, 2:44:41 AM4/25/10
And the hard way...<bg>

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(": ",A1)-1)

HTH
Regards,
Howard

Ron Rosenfeld

Apr 25, 2010, 6:45:07 AM4/25/10

And another method:

Data/Text to columns/Delimited

Select <space> and <other> as the delimiters. In the Other box, enter the "]"

You can then select to not import the column with [Phone:

--ron

Tech guru

Feb 28, 2012, 3:00:35 PM2/28/12
Hi, There are commercial tools which can help in Extracting phone numbers from Excel, Word , PDF multiple files and some of examples are here

http://www.technocomsolutions.com/file-phone-number-extractor.htm
>> On Saturday, April 24, 2010 4:43 PM Dave Peterson wrote:

>> I would just select the range and do a couple of edit|replaces.
>>
>> Copy the range to its new home on the other worksheet first.
>>
>> Select the range
>> Edit|Replace
>> what: [Phone:_ (where _ is the space character)
>> with: (Leave blank)
>> replace all
>>
>> And then get that trailing ]
>> With the range still selected
>> Edit|Replace
>> what: ]
>> with: (leave blank)
>> replace all
>>

>> Kip wrote:
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson

>>> On Saturday, April 24, 2010 4:47 PM Pete_UK wrote:

>>> Try this:
>>>
>>> =3DMID(A1,9,LEN(A1)-10)
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Pete

Gloops

Mar 3, 2012, 6:02:09 PM3/3/12
Hello,

Well, this is what can happen when you still did not thank people for
their answers after two years.

What is the link with the question ?
What has a commercial tool to do with Mid$(A1, 10) ?

It appears Ron Rosenfeld already has a commercial tool, it is called
Ms-Excel.
On the other side, he does not seem to have remembered where he asked
his question :(

Ron Rosenfeld

Mar 3, 2012, 7:27:15 PM3/3/12
On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 00:02:09 +0100, Gloops <glo...@invalid.free.fr> wrote:

>It appears Ron Rosenfeld already has a commercial tool, it is called
>Ms-Excel.
>On the other side, he does not seem to have remembered where he asked
>his question :(

What in the world are you writing about? Is someone using my name?

pankjs...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2020, 3:51:30 AM2/17/20
Try Free Software just install and extract all email address and phone number without losing any database : https://bit.ly/2uad1QQ