Simple problem stumps newbie

Thomas Kaufman

Mar 4, 2022, 11:29:57 AM3/4/22
Hi
I'm using Excel 2013 and have two spreadsheets I'd like to merge. One sheet has email address of clients, the other has emails and last names. I'm trying to import one sheet in the other, but can't find the answer online. I'd appreciate some help!
thanks,

David

Mar 5, 2022, 3:08:49 PM3/5/22
Hello,

Why even try and import, just copy and paste?

Thanks, David

Thomas Kaufman

Mar 6, 2022, 2:25:14 PM3/6/22
Hi David,

I tried to copy/paste to start, but I wasn't able to. but the cells I copied overwrote the existing cells when pasted. I would need to create or insert of empty cells first to do this?

David

Mar 7, 2022, 2:09:32 PM3/7/22
Hello,

Can you go below your existing data and paste? If not, maybe a new sheet and paste.

David

Thomas Kaufman

Mar 8, 2022, 9:41:47 AM3/8/22
Thanks, David, i tried pasting into a blank sheet and that worked!

Thomas Kaufman

Mar 8, 2022, 10:47:49 AM3/8/22
So, my problem now is this:
I have a sheet with 1100 entries. Some are duplicates. The A column is email addresses. The B Column has the first names of the recipients.
I'd like to delete the duplicate email addresses that have no corresponding first name in column B.
Could someone please tell em how to do that?

thanks