Hashtags and Mentions extraction from text column

Alex Martin

Sep 23, 2020, 4:37:41 AM9/23/20
Hello,

I am currently experiencing a slight issue in my attempt to extract hashtags and mentions in my excel file. I have roughly 25 000 lines and I want to extract all the hashtags (there could be several within one cell) and all the mentions. I have all the texts in column A and I want the hashtags in column B and mentions in column C. However, I am unsure how to proceed and get this to work. Anyone of you that could help me with this? Perhaps with a good macro?

Thank you!

Alex

Claus Busch

Sep 28, 2020, 11:27:36 AM9/28/20
Hi Alex,

Am Wed, 23 Sep 2020 01:37:36 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Alex Martin:

> I am currently experiencing a slight issue in my attempt to extract hashtags and mentions in my excel file. I have roughly 25 000 lines and I want to extract all the hashtags (there could be several within one cell) and all the mentions. I have all the texts in column A and I want the hashtags in column B and mentions in column C. However, I am unsure how to proceed and get this to work. Anyone of you that could help me with this? Perhaps with a good macro?

please post some examples.

Regards
Claus B.
--