carry over

Mar 8, 2004, 8:03:04 AM3/8/04
Hi

I have a excel 2000 workbook with numerous sheets at the
end of each sheet is a running total whcih needs to be put
on the next sheet as a carry over and then added to.

Can anybody help??

Thanks

Don Guillett

Mar 8, 2004, 9:27:25 AM3/8/04
this will find the last number on sheet2 in col B. The trick is to look for
a large number that can't exist. Just make sure that your number is not
larger than your criteria.
=INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(9999999999,Sheet2!B:B),1)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"s" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Earl Kiosterud

Mar 8, 2004, 1:50:30 PM3/8/04
S,

In the next sheet, select the cell that's to have the prior sheet's total.
Press =. Select the prior sheet, select the total cell, press Enter. You
have to do this for each sheet.
If you reorder the sheets, the total will be gotten from the original sheet,
not the physically prior sheet.
--
Earl Kiosterud

David McRitchie

Mar 8, 2004, 2:18:41 PM3/8/04
That's clever Don. It's even immune to someone entering letters,
or spaces at the bottom of the column. Not that anyone ever
would <grin>.
--
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

Don Guillett

Mar 8, 2004, 3:44:24 PM3/8/04
I certainly can't take credit. I think this idea has been around a long
time.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software