Re: Execute Excel spreadsheets and macros in French on a PC with English Excel?

Claus Busch

Feb 12, 2022, 12:47:09 PM2/12/22
Hallo,

Am Sat, 12 Feb 2022 18:34:59 +0100 schrieb DAN:

> When I open a spreadsheet I can read the data, but all macros fail because the
> code and formatting parameters are for a French version. (Swiss-French)
>
> It is not an option that I modify the code to English, because other people in
> the association continue to access it on French versions of Windows + Excel.

VBA code must be written in English.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Microsoft 365 for business

Ammammata

Feb 14, 2022, 3:40:00 AM2/14/22
Il giorno Sat 12 Feb 2022 06:34:59p, *DAN* ha inviato su
microsoft.public.excel il messaggio
news:ofrf0h1ognklqcreh...@4ax.com. Vediamo cosa ha scritto:

> It is not an option that I modify the code to English

this sound quite strange, as per my experience formulas are stored using
codes or tokens, so they change according to the language I'm using

please note: if your VBA code BUILDS formulas as text and then stores these
formulas in cells (horresco referens) then you're right, you must translate
them

--