Can I lock Row heights?

Chris Mitchell

Nov 8, 2007, 1:21:26 PM11/8/07

Can I lock Row heights so that inexperienced users don't inadvertently change them, losing site of some of the content, then thinking something is wrong?

Gord Dibben

Nov 8, 2007, 1:50:58 PM11/8/07
Select all cells and Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked" and OK

Select the rows to keep unchanged and Format>Cells>Protection. Check "locked"

Tools>Protection"Protect Worksheet.

Make sure that allow users to "Format Rows" is not checked.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Brian Withun

Nov 8, 2007, 3:12:56 PM11/8/07
On Nov 8, 1:21 pm, "Chris Mitchell"

<chris.a.mitch...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote:
> Can I lock Row heights so that inexperienced users don't inadvertently change them, losing site of some of the content, then thinking something is wrong?

You can hide the row and/or column headers so that the heights/widths
cannot be changed with a mouse.

Tools->Options: [View] tab: [ ] Rows & column headers.

OR

You can protect the sheet contents using Tools->Protection->Protect
Sheet...
There are caveats to protecting the sheet, though. You'll have to
"unlock" (Format->Cells: [Protection] tab) the cells if you want them
to be editable after the sheet is protected.

Brian Herbert Withun