Conditional formating to highlight dates 30, 60, and 90 days out?

Splatme

Oct 3, 2006, 3:16:01 PM10/3/06
What would the formula look like to highlight cells, by date (month and
year), as the date approaches? ie... 90, 60 or 30 days out.

Aqib Rizvi

Oct 3, 2006, 3:32:42 PM10/3/06

Splatme wrote:
> What would the formula look like to highlight cells, by date (month and
> year), as the date approaches? ie... 90, 60 or 30 days out.

Assuming:
You are trying to age your receivables
Column A has Due Dates, B has a calculation for overdue days, C has
Aging
Data is from A3 downwards
You have Today's date in Cell C1

Write the following formula in Cell B3
=IF(A3>=$C$1,"Not Due",$C$1-A3)

Write the following formula in Cell C3
=IF(B3="Not
Due","Current",IF(AND(B3>0,B3<31),"00-30",(IF(AND(B3>30,B3<61),"31-60",IF(AND(B3>60,B3<91),"61-90","Over
90")))))

Copy both formulas along your due dates in Column A

Is that what you are looking for?

Regards
Aqib Rizvi

Bob Phillips

Oct 3, 2006, 3:34:46 PM10/3/06

Select column A
Menu Format>Conditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =AND(A1<>"",A1<TODAY()+30)
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select red
OK
OK

Second condition

Click Add
Change Condition 2 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =AND(A1<>"",A1<TODAY()+60)
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select an amber
OK
OK

Third condition

Click Add
Change Condition 2 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =AND(A1<>"",A1<TODAY()+90)
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select an green
OK
OK

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Splatme" <Spl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

BFC

Oct 3, 2006, 3:47:03 PM10/3/06
Try this: highlight the cells you want to include, then go to Format,
Conditional Formatting, choose Cell Value Is less than or equal to, and then
in the formula bar, enter: =NOW()+30 Be sure to choose a format (i.e.
applicable cells with have yellow shading, etc.). For 60 days or less, the
formula would be =NOW()+60, etc. If you wanted to take it a step further and
break it into 0-30, 31-60, 61-90, etc., you could use "between" instead of
less than or equal to. Hope this helps.

Jen

Aug 5, 2009, 12:12:02 PM8/5/09
How would this be handled across multiple columns? I have a sheet that needs
this on every other column across more than 20 columns.

~Jen

DOUG

Sep 3, 2009, 1:44:02 PM9/3/09
Dear Splatme: THEN, how would one add a 3-circle icon set symbol (stop
light) in column A to say "If any of the dates in this row are coming due or
are overdue, show yellow or red"?

DOUG

Patrick Blanc

Feb 2, 2021, 2:12:42 PM2/2/21
Does anyone know how to highlight dates that are older than 30 days?
For example, today is 2/2/2021.
If I have the date 1/1/2021 in a cell, I want to use conditional formatting to highlight this date because at least 30 days have passed since 1/1/2021. Can anyone help with this?

Claus Busch

Feb 2, 2021, 2:19:18 PM2/2/21
if your date is in A1 then try in conditional formatting:
=A1<=Today()-30

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Microsoft 365 for business

shreyasi prasad

Jan 10, 2023, 2:03:36 AM1/10/23
Hi all,

I have a situation where, A=follow UP, Invite Sent, B= Last contacted Date, I need to highlight the cell in B which is more than/ above
1. 30 days,
2. 60 days,
3. 90 days,
4. 15 days,
5. 3 days.

What formula could be used in each case. to assign different colors in cell B