COUNTIF across multiple tabs in Google Sheets

Victoria Emory

Feb 11, 2021, 1:51:31 PM2/11/21
Hello,

I have 40 tabs that I am trying to summarize on tab 1 to view my students data all at once.
I am using
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'""&sheets&""'!"&"D3"),"correct response)")
but it is not working. I am trying to figure out if this is even possible with such a large number of tabs.

Claus Busch

Feb 11, 2021, 2:02:53 PM2/11/21
Hi Victoria,
try:
=SUM(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(2:41)&"!D3"),"correct response"))
and enter the formula with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Microsoft 365 for business

Victoria Emory

Feb 11, 2021, 3:07:56 PM2/11/21
Hi,

Thank you for trying, but it is "counting" and showing 0 when I know there are more than 0 data entries.