Compare 2 columns and align duplicates into same row

AGOLFA

May 22, 2008, 12:25:00 PM5/22/08
Hi
Im trying to sort out my email list.
After doing a mail out to the list of 1500 I found that about 220 had
bounced. I am now faced with trying to link up the bounced emails to the
persons they belong to.
I have 3 columns Fname/Lname column A,
Email Column B,
Bounced Emails Column C.
As columns A & B both are the same size (1500 rows) it's making finding the
220 in column C very time consuming.

I am hoping that I can find a formula or something that will let me find the
duplicates in column C and sort them to the same rows in column B rather than
just highlighting the duplicates which I have been able to do. But the
sorting to the correct row is proving to be very difficult.

Hope this is clear to you all what im looking for?
Thanx for your help in advance, Mike

Max

May 23, 2008, 8:39:12 AM5/23/08
Try this play ..
Assume data in cols A, B, C (as per post) start in row2 down
Put in D2: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,C:C,0)),"x","")
Copy D2 down to the last row of data in col B. This flags email in col B
which match those in col C with an "x". Apply autofilter on col D, choose
"x", this gives you the filtered results (in cols A and B) that I think
you're after.
--
Max
Singapore

AGOLFA

May 23, 2008, 11:00:03 AM5/23/08
Thanx Max for your help, but it isnt working how I intended it to.
I wanted to be able to match up the Bounced emails in Column "C" with the
emails in column "B".
Your formula has marked the bounced emails with an "x" in column "D" and
when sorting hasnt moved them next to the duplicate email in Column "B".
Is there something im doing wrong or is the formula incorrect?
Sorry for the inconvience and thanx for your help in advance.

Max

May 23, 2008, 11:16:01 AM5/23/08
> match up the Bounced emails in Column "C" with the email in column "B".

Try this revised play

Assume data in cols A, B, C (as per post) start in row2 down

In D2:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($C2,$B:$B,0)),INDEX(A:A,MATCH($C2,$B:$B,0)),"")
Copy D2 to E2, fill down to last row of data in col C. This should return
cols A & B aligned with the bounced email in col C.

bobsacco

Dec 22, 2008, 7:57:33 PM12/22/08
Hi All,

I have what I believe to be a simple problem, but for the life of me, i can't seem to figure it out.

Each month, I get a list of the top 150 advertisers and the dollar amount spent on 8 different online sites.

Many of the top advertisers across these 8 online sites are duplicated but not all.

So, what I end up with is several list of sites with corresponding dollars but it's not organized as a whole.

My goal is to MATCH and ALIGN the data across rows and down columns so that EACH ROW has the SAME advertiser and their corresponding dollars spent.

Example:

.....Column A....Column B....Column C....Column D
ROW1: Expedia....$3,200 ........................
ROW2: ....................... Expedia ....$5,300

Desired result:

.....Column A....Column B....Column C.....Column D
ROW 1: Expedia ..$3,200........Expedia ...$ 5,300

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
bob

nway.gandar

Nov 9, 2009, 2:30:12 AM11/9/09
May I see the coding since I am not familiar with Macro..
Thanks in advance..

Regards,
nway.gandar

demechani wrote:

Try this play ..
23-May-08

Try this play ..
Assume data in cols A, B, C (as per post) start in row2 down
Put in D2: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,C:C,0)),"x","")
Copy D2 down to the last row of data in col B. This flags email in col B
which match those in col C with an "x". Apply autofilter on col D, choose
"x", this gives you the filtered results (in cols A and B) that I think
you're after.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"AGOLFA" wrote:

On Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:25 PM
AGOLF wrote:

[...]

On Friday, May 23, 2008 8:39 AM
demechani wrote:

Try this play ..

Try this play ..
Assume data in cols A, B, C (as per post) start in row2 down
Put in D2: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,C:C,0)),"x","")
Copy D2 down to the last row of data in col B. This flags email in col B
which match those in col C with an "x". Apply autofilter on col D, choose
"x", this gives you the filtered results (in cols A and B) that I think
you're after.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"AGOLFA" wrote:

On Friday, May 23, 2008 11:00 AM
AGOLF wrote:

Thanx Max for your help, but it isnt working how I intended it to.
Thanx Max for your help, but it isnt working how I intended it to.
I wanted to be able to match up the Bounced emails in Column "C" with the
emails in column "B".
Your formula has marked the bounced emails with an "x" in column "D" and
when sorting hasnt moved them next to the duplicate email in Column "B".
Is there something im doing wrong or is the formula incorrect?
Sorry for the inconvience and thanx for your help in advance.

"Max" wrote:

On Friday, May 23, 2008 11:16 AM
demechani wrote:

Try this revised playAssume data in cols A, B, C (as per post) start in row2
Try this revised play

Assume data in cols A, B, C (as per post) start in row2 down

In D2:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($C2,$B:$B,0)),INDEX(A:A,MATCH($C2,$B:$B,0)),"")
Copy D2 to E2, fill down to last row of data in col C. This should return
cols A & B aligned with the bounced email in col C.

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"AGOLFA" wrote:

On Monday, December 22, 2008 7:57 PM
bob sacco wrote:

EXCEL: Matching then Aligning Data across rows and down columns
Hi All,

Example:

Desired result:

Thanks
bob

How to hold a successful meeting
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0059747f-8775-4965-b56d-cab220b2f1b9/how-to-hold-a-successful.aspx

nway.gandar

Nov 9, 2009, 2:33:53 AM11/9/09
May I see the coding since I m not familiar with Macro..
Thanks in advance..

Regards,
nway.gandar

"AGOLFA" wrote:

Assume data in cols A, B, C (as per post) start in row2 down

Put in D2: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,C:C,0)),"x","")
Copy D2 down to the last row of data in col B. This flags email in col B
which match those in col C with an "x". Apply autofilter on col D, choose
"x", this gives you the filtered results (in cols A and B) that I think
you're after.

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"AGOLFA" wrote:

On Friday, May 23, 2008 11:00 AM

AGOLF wrote:

Thanx Max for your help, but it isnt working how I intended it to.
Thanx Max for your help, but it isnt working how I intended it to.
I wanted to be able to match up the Bounced emails in Column "C" with the
emails in column "B".
Your formula has marked the bounced emails with an "x" in column "D" and
when sorting hasnt moved them next to the duplicate email in Column "B".
Is there something im doing wrong or is the formula incorrect?
Sorry for the inconvience and thanx for your help in advance.

"Max" wrote:

bob sacco wrote:

[...]

On Monday, November 09, 2009 2:30 AM
nway.gandar wrote:

coding

May I see the coding since I am not familiar with Macro..
Thanks in advance..

Regards,
nway.gandar

WebClient Class: Gotchas and Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c841f26a-bcff-453f-8305-3c644cac25a9/webclient-class-gotchas.aspx

Max

Nov 9, 2009, 9:42:36 AM11/9/09
> May I see the coding since I m not familiar with Macro..
But there's no code/vba involved. Its a formulas play
Re-read the thread. All the set-up details are given in my responsesDownloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70
xdemechanik
---

Otto Moehrbach

Nov 9, 2009, 2:48:08 PM11/9/09