rolling 12 month date filter for pivot table?

Suggs@discussions.microsoft.com Randy Suggs

Jan 5, 2010, 3:39:01 PM1/5/10
Is there a way to add a rolling 12 month date filter for 'last 12 months' to
a pivot table? I see how to add last year, last month, etc., but I need a way
to filter for last 12 months (or even last 6) so that I don't have to update
the date filter every month. This pivot table is for manufacturing production
data and is connected to an analysis services data cube.

Herbert Seidenberg

Jan 5, 2010, 10:10:39 PM1/5/10
Excel 2007 PivotTable
Last x months.
Two ways:
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/01_05_10.xlsm

Randy Suggs

Jan 6, 2010, 4:46:01 PM1/6/10
Mr. Seidenber,
Thank you for your help. I tried the first solution so far. Since this pivot
table is connected to an OLAP datacube, I can't add a formula field in the
pivot table to generate the 0/1 for the filter. Regarding the second one, I'm
publishing these charts with Excel Services on our SharePoint site, so I
can't use a macro in them (won't publish). I'm also not sure it will work
even in Excel with the OLAP cube, but I haven't tried it yet (will do that
later today and report bacl). Any other thoughts?

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

> .

walterk

Mar 18, 2010, 3:33:36 PM3/18/10
Do you know if there is something similar for Excel 2003? I downloaded and
opened your file, but cannot really test/edit the 2007 pivot table. I was
testing to see if there was a way to change the number of months to sum.