Rounding a date up to the 1st of the next month

hurds999

Apr 3, 2008, 12:23:00 PM4/3/08
I have a date in A1, but I need to populate A2 with the first day of the
following month. Example: A1 = 05/17/08, A2=06/01/08

What formula would best work to accomplish this? I'm guessing this would be
easy, but I can't get anything to work.

Ron Coderre

Apr 3, 2008, 12:26:47 PM4/3/08
If you have the Analysis ToolPak add-in installed:
A2: =EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

If you don't....
A2: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)+1

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"hurds999" <hurd...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary''s Student

Apr 3, 2008, 12:31:01 PM4/3/08
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200777

hurds999

Apr 3, 2008, 12:36:00 PM4/3/08
Thank you both very very much. The formula(s) worked!! You're both very
awesome!!! Have a great Wednesday, because you've made mine!!! =)

Ron Coderre

Apr 3, 2008, 12:40:52 PM4/3/08
You're very welcome.

Regards,