Parameter query

Todd

Jun 6, 2008, 12:06:01 PM6/6/08
I want to do an ODBC database query using values from the spreadsheet in the
query. I created the query in MS Query using typical values. Then in MS
Query, I set up parameter and ran the query. Everything worked well. Then
when I hit the button to return the data to Excel, MS Query went away as
usual but Excel returns the error: [ODBC Driver manager][ODBC]Driver does not
support this function.

I don't understand why, if the query works in MS Query, why it won't work in
Excel. They both use the same driver manager, don't they?

Nick Hodge

Jun 29, 2008, 4:57:52 PM6/29/08
Todd

Have you taken a look here?

http://excelusergroup.org/blogs/nickhodge/archive/2008/01/24/importing-data-with-parameters-odbc.aspx

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Todd" <To...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Todd

Jun 30, 2008, 8:01:01 AM6/30/08
Thank you for the reply. The answer is, in short, yes I followed the procedure.

I even ran through it again, following your instructions. All went well up
to the point where I returned the data to the spreadsheet. I got to the
Parameters window and entered them per instructions and hit OK. This took me
back to the Import Data window, where I hit the OK button again. That's where
I got the error in the original posting. I just don't understand why
everything would work in Microsoft Query but not in Excel itself. Unless
Excel passes the parameters to the database driver differently than Microsoft
Query does.

Again, thank you for your help.

Todd