Looking for a formula to do with date

Norbert

Dec 1, 2022, 12:56:04 PM12/1/22

could someone please help me with a formula?
On sheet "database", I enter the date of the first date of a month, e.g.
01/11/2022 into cell D2
On sheet "performance" cell N3 is looking up this date from sheet
"database" by this formula: =Database!D2

I need a formula for sheet "performance" for the cells A3 up to M3,
displaying the first date of the previous months to the month displayed
in cell N3.

Eg: N3 displays 01/11/2022
M3 should display 01/10/2022
L3 should display 01/09/2022
K3 should display 01/08/2022
and so on.

It's most probably very easy, but I can't think of a solution.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Norbert

Claus Busch

Dec 1, 2022, 1:07:32 PM12/1/22
Hi Norbert,

Am Thu, 1 Dec 2022 19:55:56 +0200 schrieb Norbert:

> could someone please help me with a formula?
> On sheet "database", I enter the date of the first date of a month, e.g.
> 01/11/2022 into cell D2
> On sheet "performance" cell N3 is looking up this date from sheet
> "database" by this formula: =Database!D2
>
> I need a formula for sheet "performance" for the cells A3 up to M3,
> displaying the first date of the previous months to the month displayed
> in cell N3.
>
> Eg: N3 displays 01/11/2022
> M3 should display 01/10/2022
> L3 should display 01/09/2022
> K3 should display 01/08/2022
> and so on.

in M3 try:
=EDATE($N$3,-COUNT($N3:N3))
and drag to the left.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows11
Microsoft 365 for business

Norbert

Dec 2, 2022, 3:58:08 AM12/2/22
Hi Claus,

thank you very much. It's so easy, if you know!

Best regards,
Norbert