Lookup by header on a different workbook on the left side of match column

Sep 30, 2021, 10:08:59 AM9/30/21
Hi, I have two excel files, Master and target. Based on the primary key column in the Master file, I need to lookup values from Target file by header names and these columns may be on the left and right side of the primary column. Need to do it by excel VBA. Would be highly thankful for any help.

Need to fetch data from "Left Target" column to "Master.xlsm" based on the primary key "ID" and foreign key/matching "ID Target"

1. Workbook-"Master.xlsm"
Sheet name-"Sheet1"
Column header name- "ID" (This is the primary key column)

2. Workbook-"Target.xlsm"
Sheet name-"Sheet2"
Matching header name- "ID Target" (This is the primary/matching key column)
Lookup header name1 - "Left Target" (This column is on the left side of ID Target column)
Lookup header name2- "Right Target" (This column is on the right side of ID Target column)

Jeyakumar

Oct 16, 2021, 1:06:11 AM10/16/21
Hello,

Can you share the excel file to understand the issue

regards,
Jeyakumar