Spreadsheet won't print in color?

Jul 17, 2003, 6:00:53 PM7/17/03
Excel 2002 SP2...
Spreadsheet contains colorerd text, comment boxes,
etc...yet refuses to print in color. All other Excel
users have no problem, this seems to be isolated to one
user. Have removed/reinstalled print driver, verified
that Black & White Printing is de-selected in page setup,
and verified that user is able to print in color from any
other app on his machine...it's just Excel. Has anyone
else experienced this and/or resolved it? Printer is a
Savin color laser (mfg by Ricoh).
Many Thanks

Norman Harker

Jul 17, 2003, 7:20:30 PM7/17/03
Hi R!

Just a thought that I can't check out (no color printer!)

File > Print > Properties > Advanced

Check out the options there on graphics and document options and see
if they have an impact.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"R" <r_sa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

CLR

Jul 17, 2003, 7:27:58 PM7/17/03
If user is on a network, check to see if he can print in color from his
Excel to another (non-Savin)printer on the network......sometimes Excel does
not like some printers.......I've had lotsa bad experiences with Excel and
Xerox printers.......even tho the Xerox people swore up and down the problem
was "not their drivers"........but the same computer printed the same file
beautifully to an HP printer........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Art Farrell

Jul 20, 2003, 1:48:02 PM7/20/03

Excel 2000,Win98

It's not the same compound situation but I had a file with three sheets used
to keep track of employee's vacation hours, comp time, etc. Some rows were
colored to separate the yearly data and some cells had red text to show
debited hours. The file was used on a network and when printing was required
at that site it was done on a B&W laser printer. Sometimes I would take a
copy of the file home and revise the macro statements and print out certain
data on an HP Inkjet in color. After many months I noticed that I could only
print B&W on the HP. The only way I found to correct this was to copy each
sheet to a new workbook by clicking the top left corner cell and pasting-
special- all . Then I was able to print in color again. Also, I had to
transfer about 30 named ranges which I did with Jan Karl Pieterse's Name
Manager Add-In. Hope this helps.

CHORDially,
Art Farrell

standardcoldp...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2020, 3:26:36 PM7/15/20
how to use the STAR format specifically to present a conflict experience. Conflict resolution is 123 hp just one of the many hurdles the workplace will present to you. Obviously, not everything https://123hpsetup.co.com