RE: How do I slant the column headers so they are more readable?

FSt1

Feb 26, 2008, 3:06:00 PM2/26/08
hi.
slanted header?
right click the cell or range you want slanted text.
click format cells
click the alignment tab.
adjust the orientation by clicking and holding the horizontal line or by
clilcking on the spin buttons at the bottom of the orientation box. adjust to
45 degrees.
click ok
done.

Regards
FSt1

"Zeffy" wrote:

> I've seen docs where the column headers are slanted, and the text is
> vertical, but not completely vertical. I can't find how to create those, or
> if it can even be done in Excel or Word.
>
> Am I painting a clear enough picture of what I mean?
>
> Maggie in VT

Niek Otten

Feb 26, 2008, 3:09:43 PM2/26/08
Hi Maggie,

In Excel:

Format>Cells>Alignment tab, drag the Orientation gauge

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Gord Dibben

Feb 26, 2008, 6:46:16 PM2/26/08
Note: the suggestion in the other replies just slant the text in the cells, but
does not actually slant the cells if that's what you wanted to occur.

Good enough for appearance though.

Also helps to give those cells borders and a background color so they really
"look" slanted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:55:02 -0800, Zeffy <Ze...@discussions.microsoft.com>

Niek Otten

Feb 27, 2008, 3:28:21 AM2/27/08
Thanks for a useful addition, Gord!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

32by...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2016, 6:47:18 AM3/18/16
tried the instructions and could not get it to work in writer, what am I doing wrong? ceknig...@gmail.com

Charlie

GS

Mar 18, 2016, 12:49:56 PM3/18/16
The column headers themselves can't be modified this way, but you can
turn them off and use the top row set up for angled text, backcolor,
and borders to 'immitate' column headers.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

hish...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2017, 2:11:27 AM12/15/17
Tilt up, then add boarders (all edges). Tada!

Erica Jones

Jul 14, 2020, 7:25:16 PM7/14/20
Thank you Hish! That was the solution!